Robotech RPG Tactics - Palladium

SamuraiJack

Anyway, back on topic, in two days I'll be dropping some cash on this. Figure I'll get in at the Battlecry level and add on the Gnerls for a full unit (at least according to the org chart they put up) and the Super Valks. While previously I wasn't all that interested in the rules I'm starting to become more so. Still plan on using the figures to try out an idea I had involving Veritechs, Regults, Gnerls, and the X-Wing rules.

What about the rules is appealing to you?

I'm currently pledged at Battlecry and, as with yourself, have been thinking about adding the Gnerls. However, I'm seriously considering dropping my pledge as the rules seem very iffy to me.

For one, just a general tendency to give any set of rules a try. Specifically though it looks like they're putting quite a bit of effort into the rules to get the feel of the shows into the game so I'll give them a whirl at least once or twice. If they suck, I still have plenty of cool models and I'll buy a copy of Battletech and TRO 3025 for ground games.

I feel much the same. I read through lots of miniatures rule-sets, even if I don't have any models for many them. The Robotech game looks like it could be fun, but I doubt I would spend a lot of money on it, if it weren't Robotech.

As for the models... I've played Battletech for twenty-something years, in no small part because the Tomahawk / Warhammer on the cover of the box reached into my then eleven-year-old brain and said "Take me home: This is the game for you". My budget was lost before this campaign even launched. :;):

(Of course, what I would actually do with 2-dozen Regults is a complete mystery to me.)

Shoot them silly.

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, back on topic, in two days I'll be dropping some cash on this. Figure I'll get in at the Battlecry level and add on the Gnerls for a full unit (at least according to the org chart they put up) and the Super Valks. While previously I wasn't all that interested in the rules I'm starting to become more so. Still plan on using the figures to try out an idea I had involving Veritechs, Regults, Gnerls, and the X-Wing rules.

I'm currently pledged at Battlecry and, as with yourself, have been thinking about adding the Gnerls. However, I'm seriously considering dropping my pledge as the rules seem very iffy to me.

For one, just a general tendency to give any set of rules a try. Specifically though it looks like they're putting quite a bit of effort into the rules to get the feel of the shows into the game so I'll give them a whirl at least once or twice. If they suck, I still have plenty of cool models and I'll buy a copy of Battletech and TRO 3025 for ground games.

I feel much the same. I read through lots of miniatures rule-sets, even if I don't have any models for many them. The Robotech game looks like it could be fun, but I doubt I would spend a lot of money on it, if it weren't Robotech.

As for the models... I've played Battletech for twenty-something years, in no small part because the Tomahawk / Warhammer on the cover of the box reached into my then eleven-year-old brain and said "Take me home: This is the game for you". My budget was lost before this campaign even launched. :;):

(Of course, what I would actually do with 2-dozen Regults is a complete mystery to me.)

Proxy them as Ostsols?

• Like 1

Proxy them as Ostsols?

Really, Reeaaallllly big ones, I suppose.

Of course, one could glue tooth picks to the sides and proxy them as Gigantic Ostscouts. ::):

• Like 1

Proxy them as Ostsols?

Really, Reeaaallllly big ones, I suppose.

Of course, one could glue tooth picks to the sides and proxy them as Gigantic Ostscouts. ::):

Alt Universe then

if you're playing on a hex map, size doesn't matter. I know a number of these will be painted up in Battletech faction and unit colours when I get mine. Admitedly, I like the current sculpt minis for all of the ost mechs, so the regults will see very little battletech use. Still, I love all things Macross so they will probably get some use there.

if you're playing on a hex map, size doesn't matter. I know a number of these will be painted up in Battletech faction and unit colours when I get mine. Admitedly, I like the current sculpt minis for all of the ost mechs, so the regults will see very little battletech use. Still, I love all things Macross so they will probably get some use there.

Well, they have to *fit* on the hex grid...

The real issue is that, as bad as Battletech scaling is, I am still a miniatures guy, and like things to look "right" next to each other. Rational? No, but still true. (for me)

@Humansquish:

I think all levels qualify to purchase add-ons - it's the freebies that require specific levels.