60032 Seltyiel, Iconic Eldritch Knight - Sculptor: Werner Klocke - Commission Piece

cookjimjr

I was able to get this one into the single figure category of the winter forum contest. This was another commission piece for the same customer as the dark elf warrior posted a minute ago. The customer wanted him painted as a dark elf with blacks being again the overall scheme. The magical effect in his hand is supposed to be shadow magic. I had never heard of that until this piece, so I had to do some research on-line to figure out how to present that effect. Not sure I pulled it off right, but it looks okay.

C&C Welcome as always.

post-6227-0-88890700-1362247831.jpg post-6227-0-03486500-1362247877.jpg

• Like 17

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I realise you were painting to the customer's request I don't like the shadow magic effect, it messes with the feel of the mini.

That said you did a solid job on the shadow magic, it looks good in and of itself.

Yes... Too bad Reaper's not able to release cool sculpts like this anymore.

Love the colors and drow skin.

SK

Not sure you realise this but this guy is coming in Bones.

• Like 2

Stern Kestrelmann, on 02 Mar 2013 - 14:06, said:

SK

While Mr. Klocke may be too busy with his own projects to work for Reaper these days, I think their current sculptors are also quite good, and suggesting that Reaper isn't getting cool sculpts anymore does them a disservice.
  • Like 1

Stern Kestrelmann, on 02 Mar 2013 - 14:06, said:

SK

While Mr. Klocke may be too busy with his own projects to work for Reaper these days, I think their current sculptors are also quite good, and suggesting that Reaper isn't getting cool sculpts anymore does them a disservice.

Agreed. Have you looked at the preview gallery? There are plenty of excellent pieces coming up, and many of them will be in the new Bones material. The giants especially have a wonderful amount of detail.

Great work on the mini, OP. It definitely has an excellent dark elf feel.

wow! inspired by this completely unique take on this mini. the shadow magic is perfect!

looks like he will fit in perfectly with the drow.

hmmm..... so with the BBEG sorceress, and this guy, the KS vamp level will have 6 coherent dark elves. i smell a warband coming on....

Edited by vulture

Very nice! Good, crisp work on a figure that I know has a lot of fine details.

I like the blue tones in the shadow creature, which play off the cold steel in his other hand.

The black skin and the black leather seem to have the same neutral gray highlights; I think the figure would have benefited if you had used a slightly warmer or cooler tone for one of them.

Also, I would have taken the skin up to some higher highlights, in very small areas -- but I know it's a challenge to get dark skin tones to have a realistic sheen.

Keep up the good work!

Derek

Very nice! Good, crisp work on a figure that I know has a lot of fine details.

I like the blue tones in the shadow creature, which play off the cold steel in his other hand.

The black skin and the black leather seem to have the same neutral gray highlights; I think the figure would have benefited if you had used a slightly warmer or cooler tone for one of them.

Also, I would have taken the skin up to some higher highlights, in very small areas -- but I know it's a challenge to get dark skin tones to have a realistic sheen.

Keep up the good work!

Derek

Derek,

Thanks. I appreciate the C&C. You always give tips that have helped me progress and keep thinking.