Buglips's Bones WIP Request Thread

Yeah, the time crunch got to me. I'm trying to get as many of the "First Hundred" off the table as I can before the Kickstarter stuff shows up.

I don't think I'll get them all, but I might be able to get most of them done. Anyway, glad you enjoyed the thread and I hope some of it proves useful.

Remember, if it ain't fun it's work! So keep it fun.

• Like 1
  • Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hah! Great stuff as always. Thanks for the WiPs, and while I would love to see more, I completely understand the need to get more done.

Sigh... Still need time to pain the err... 20 unfinished ones I currently have before the shipment arrives.

Yeah. just 20. C.c

Bones Bethalian WIP, please.

Cool. That'll give me a chance to break out my old Partha Paint Mind Flayer Mauve.

There is my first (and only) suggestion!

Started reading this topic not knowing how long it was. I'm very glad that I got to see the Bethalian WIP, and the comments about sculpting an encounter around the mini... I can just see myself describing the sight before them "And he walks into the light, blue robes and bright green pulsing staff" "Wait, what?". Best way to scare characters, the unknown!

To echo a lot of what was already said in this topic already, thanks again for the great breakdowns! Hopefully the next time you do a WIP request, you'll show a little more of the magic!

You can also check out my take on the Bones Bethalian.

http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/47814-bethalian/

Recruit did a nice theme base one for the recent winter contest.

http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/47165-painting-excuses-winter-wonder-theme-entry-thread/#entry677085

Adrift did an awesome comparison poll of the metal and Bones versions.

http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/47477-bathalian-bones-vs-metal-challenge

Just some other takes on this guy. I like seeing how people approach the same mini like this.

• Like 1

You can also check out my take on the Bones Bethalian.

Actually, the second buglips mentioned you had a WIP for one, I instantly searched for it and found it. While waiting for my KS shipment, this little guy was the first (only) Bones miniature I picked up (to get a sense of the material). After looking him up on Google, seeing so many different ways to paint him, so drastically different, thats kinda what pulled me in and wanted to learn more.

A note about Adrift's topic, first off his freehand work in that cloak is amazing. Second the two types, while completely different materials, do indeed look amazingly similar when finished! Just sucked that it took 5 pages of posts to find out the true answer! A very good comparison none the less!

• Like 1

When I get back to this I have a new Troll and Spider inbound, so I'll do those. Possibly also the gnoll. Depending on the state of things after that, and how busy KS WIPs are, I might be open to additional requests.

I'll try to make my KS Group WIP participation pieces as detailed as this, so long as that doesn't interfere with everybody else's work on the thread.

Edited by buglips*the*goblin
  • Like 1

Let's begin!

post-3313-0-21295600-1365450751_thumb.jpg

Here's the first step, smothering them all over with Reaper Walnut Brown. I had to go over them twice more after this to make sure I got all the white spots I missed. I painted them almost all over while holding onto one set of legs, then when the first half was dry I held onto that end and painted the remaining legs. This didn't take much worktime, but did require significant drying time - remember, part of the secret to producing in quantity and quickly is: No idle time on the bench! I basecoated three Flits while waiting on these.

post-3313-0-76628800-1365450758_thumb.jpg

• Like 1