Sign in to follow this  

Would love to see the Reapercrew back out at Gencon and Indianapolis this year after the hearbreak of missing you all in '12. Any word yet as to whether or not Reaper will be back in its proper spot?

• Like 1

Reading between the lines, I don't think that they will be there again this year.

PAX is happening relatively close to GenCon and Reaper is trying to grow the market there, and all of the logistics arguments are still valid and present.

I would be quite pleased to be wrong.

Not seeing Reaper at Gen Con again would make me very sad. Even with Bones on the horizon last year, I had money burnin' a hole in my pocket as I looked for the Reaper booth. With their absence, it erupted in a torrent of impulse purchases all over the con resulting in a critical mass of gaming books I may never use now. :(

Not seeing Reaper at Gen Con again would make me very sad. Even with Bones on the horizon last year, I had money burnin' a hole in my pocket as I looked for the Reaper booth. With their absence, it erupted in a torrent of impulse purchases all over the con resulting in a critical mass of gaming books I may never use now. :(

That's a great thought actually, it would be Reaper's first opportunity to show off the Bones line en masse to the Gencon crowd. Just think of room after gaming room with tables using Reaper Bones. And if that doesn't sell the fine folks at Reaper on the idea perhaps a famous shrimp cocktail at St. Elmo's will ;)

I would also love to see Reaper at GenCon, but I'd have to agree with MistWalker, PAX Prime and GenCon are still quite close together, which might make it impractical for them to hit both. I would love to be proven wrong though.

The gaming crew will be there running two games and Miniatures Building Authority will also be letting us use one of their game boards. Reaper will not have a booth though.

At the least if Reaper can't logistically handle the two shows consider alternating their show presence each year. I understand there is some tabletop/rpg at PAX but Gencon is THE tabletop gaming con. What does Reaper gain by going to PAX versus going to a tabletop gaming trade show?

At the least if Reaper can't logistically handle the two shows consider alternating their show presence each year. I understand there is some tabletop/rpg at PAX but Gencon is THE tabletop gaming con. What does Reaper gain by going to PAX versus going to a tabletop gaming trade show?

They can a huge untapped market by going to PAX. Although GenCon is huge, it is populated by people that already know all about Reaper and the minis they sell. PAX exposes Reaper to people that have never even seen miniatures.

• Like 1

I'm sure Brian will come in eventually to give the official response, but I suspect it's the exact same as last year which is more or less: Going to GENcon is preaching to the choir so to speak while going to PAX brings in new people to the hobby which is Reaper's goal.

I suspect Reaper will be providing a lot of Bones to the Paint and Takes just like last year and I think Darksword was selling some Reaper stuff so I would be surprised if that was the case this year as well.

Edited by MonkeySloth

They can a huge untapped market by going to PAX. Although GenCon is huge, it is populated by people that already know all about Reaper and the minis they sell. PAX exposes Reaper to people that have never even seen miniatures.

I can totally follow that logic but why not just crate up a few thousand bones, send them to PAX where I'm sure Reaper can secure some great volunteers and bring the Reaper home office team to Gencon? You would have the benefit of the exposure you refered to (which is critical for the long term survival of any business) and allow the company to collaborate with other industry leaders at Gencon.

They very well may be doing something like that, we just don't know yet. As I said before last year they were giving Bones away for free at the Paint and Takes, and will most likely do that again, the question is if they'll have a retail partner like last year.

Edited by MonkeySloth