Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
So when I unpacked this Big Boi in 2017 I thought he would look really cool without wings. but I'm it will be a lot of careful work to carve off the joins and resculpt him, I just don't think I'm ready. In February I did the scales for my verocthulu conversion, and thought "I could have done that better."
So this is better.
This Dragon will be the colors or earth. Burnt Umber base, and a hide scattered with Burnt Sienna, Tusk Ivory, and Leather Brown with ochre and NNM gold colors on the belly.
perhaps some cool gray or blue washes in the shadows. The scales will be individually shaded, and the hide below staying the color of brown liner, or umber in the well lit areas.
So far its been about 4 hrs of work in sculpting, cleaning, gluing and mold line removal.
it took 45 min just to cover him in brown liner. He is a really big dragon, and I have no idea how long this is going to take.
but im getting a little obesessed - I don't want to schedule a meeting or go grocery shopping, I want to add more paint...
this feels like how I ended up with a dragon named Insomnia - who was painted almost entirely between 10pm and 7 am. I kept waking up with new color ideas.
Or the DDS2 dragon who I spent 2-4 hours a day painting for a solid week, and another hour a night for the week after.
The last picture is my inspiration for the scale colors - the eyes will be much simpler than this.
Good day everyone, I will share here my progression on a project I wish to do for a long time. I already know all the parts I'll be using for this diorama. Starting with the carefree 03082 Ingrid sculpted by Derek Schubert (I'm converting her as a svirfneblin prospector), accompanied by her faithful familiar the 14453 hunting cat sculpted by Sandra Garrity. They are taken as prey by a 03602 stone lurker sculpted by Kevin Williams. I will also add a 02018 bat from the familiar pack 1 hanging somewhere on the rock wall. I already worked on Ingrid. I removed the base and give her a pickaxe. I made her tool with a paperclip and a piece of scrap metal. This all-project idea started with the gemstone she’s holding in her left hand.
Nearly two years after I started a thread for showing off the figures of my Pathfinder Society characters, I present the second figure.
(For that thread about the first character, click here: link.)
This is Sister Ayano, a kitsune archer (level 8 now: paladin 5 of Shelyn / zen-archer monk 3).
I did some extensive conversion to the elf archer Caerwynn, from the Warlord line.
Here is the finished Ayano:
You can see the Work-in-Progress thread for her here: link.
You may have noticed the concept art for two kitsune figures in the "Eastern Legends" stretch-goal from the recent Bones III Kickstarter. I'll be sculpting those two. So if you like the way Ayano the kitsune looks and you wish Reaper made others figures like her ... well, you're in luck (sort of).
Hello everyone, here are some pictures of a 02126, Arachno-Assassin sculpted by Bob Ridolfi. I had this damaged mini for a long time and I decided to replace its upper left hand falchion for a sword from the 02455, Weapons pack IV. It was a very fun and easy model to paint. I intend to use it as a "boss" in a major encounter, so I painted it in red to increase the focus on it and point out how dangerous it is. The bluish bladed sword will be magical, maybe even cursed.
Hello everyone, here's what I painted last week, a Skeleton Horde by Games Workshop / Citadel Miniatures from 1986. I mounted them on 25mm base and converted a few of them. I used remaining parts from other minis and changed some shields, skulls and weapons. I also printed two army trays to be able to move them more easily and change their arrangement on the game table. There's 16 skeletons in total and I intend to use them during future D&D games.
More pictures under the spoiler (64 pictures).
Who's Online 21 Members, 1 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)