I regret not getting the paint sets now. One of these days when I have a giant pile of money that needs spending I'll just order one of everything that's available. then I'll need a paint rack. who makes that MDF/acrylic paint rack thingy again?

Back-to-base-ix makes one. I'll be posting a full review in a week or so when I've had time to break mine in. Short version: customer service good so far. Avoid the modules with drawers.

I'll second this. I have two of the mdf "center" racks and the drawers just don't get used because something is always in the way. The the larger and small chests of drawers are far more useful, although I need to move my small drawers up to the shelf because the bottom drawers also tend not to get used because stuff is in the way!

• Like 1

Okay I can see an influx in orders. The Kickstart had to increase the awareness of people of Reaper's fine product line, of close to 17,744 backers there had to be a new customer base of 15%, that is at 2500 new customers. As for me in the last several weeks I have been buying from the online store; I wish I had a shop close enough to make it worth the drive to do so, otherwise all of my orders have been metal. I mean why not? I have over 328 bones models showing up in the next several weeks.

Cash, I love your flayer fig ,but BOOO I like your old avatar from the Origianl Deities and Demigods.

Edited by chaosscorpion
  • Like 1

I'm holding off on my orders, since they're not crucial, to give them a bit of a break. I can wait. I planned to do that KS month anyway.

I also don't think metals are doomed, though I'm likely to buy a lot fewer. Not like I don't have a lifetime plenty to do as it is, anyway.

• Like 1

I wish my FLGS carried more Reaper. I mean, they have a 4'x6' section of wall full of blisters, but most are old or uninteresting to me. And since mini's don't do well here, he doesn't seem interested in stocking new stuff (like Bones or MSP's... he still has 4 or 5 RPP's on the shelf). I did see a Verocithrax (sp?) though.

• Like 1

Cash, I love your flayer fig ,but BOOO I like your old avatar from the Origianl Deities and Demigods.

Me too. It's a good Bathalian, but I loved the old classic illo.

This would have been a much more interesting topic if it had been "Bare with us." Kind of a Reaper Red Light district if you will.

Was it something I said?

• Like 2

There are enough posts about streaking naked through the Reaper facility on these boards.

This would have been a much more interesting topic if it had been "Bare with us." Kind of a Reaper Red Light district if you will.

Was it something I said?

• Like 1

I've been buying Bones from my FLGS, mostly because I needed the instant gratification- I keep expecting to be out to sea and unable to receive a package from Reaoer. Ironically, this seems to not be the case.

• Like 2

Was it something I said?

Would also have been more interesting if it was talking about the ursus that seems to be among them...

Can't a guy change once in a while? Erol's masterthulhu will make a return at some point.

• Like 1

Can't a guy change once in a while? Erol's masterthulhu will make a return at some point.

Change is one thing, plastic surgery is quite another! <grin>
  • Like 4

Change is one thing, plastic surgery is quite another! <grin>

*snort*

*fist bump*

• Like 1

The conversation has taken a bit of a turn from the original topic, but let me pop in here with an explanation. We're in the enviable position of having a problem of the nice sort to have.

We have a separate production stock just for the internet orders. Anyone who's been on site passes by the internet wall as they're entering the factory proper. It's convenient to have the dedicated stock to draw from. Our wonderfully successful holiday promotion left our back stock in shambles. "But that's not a problem," we said, entering into the slow part of the year, "we'll catch up." But the seasonal downturn never came. In fact, our daily order average has gone up 50% again over normal and is still rising. This came as something of a surprise. Without the back stock to draw from, we were casting on demand way more than we needed to be. We had to get all our levels back up, and this took manpower and time. Not to mention the time it takes to actually fill the greater number of orders.

So, like I said, we're reworking some processes, turning some formerly linear procedures into parallel ones so we can throw more people at this without them falling over each other. And we did throw more people at it, and we're getting back on track.

tl;dr: our assumptions about seasonal volume were terribly, horribly wrong, and we were caught flat-footed, but we're getting back on track.

Oh, and in case you're worried about this interfering with the Bones fulfillment, don't be. Bones and internet fulfillment are completely separate animals.

• Like 8