Hello ,

I for one also got interested in reaper again with the kickstarter, having been out of the hobby for almost ten years. It seems there are quite a few of us prodigal oldboys (and girls) here, at that.

I am quite sure that this influx of orders is largely because of the kickstarterers such as myself that only just have discovered reapers absoutely exellent website with all the galleries, forums, inspiration pictures, find-out-the-colour apps and all that are a major part of this. That all the work put into this website is paying off when the masses at last are having a look, as it were.

And of course the inexpensiveness of the bones helps. I would expect the influx of orders is mainly new (or new-ish) customers.

I've been roleplaying gaming steadily for over thirty years, but it's been twenty or more since I stopped using minis.

I came back because of the Reaper Bones Kickstarter. By sheer luck and chance, just at the end of last August I was told Reaper was a good modern minis company and googled it to see if it had a website. After doing a doubletake about the Kickstarter, and with a quick consultation of my husband about the economics, I joined right back up.

Since then I have been acquainting myself with these strange futuristic customs of this new generation.

• Like 2

I've been playing RPG's for years, since uni days. However I only started picking up my own minis (appart from a pc or two) since the KS'er. I certainly have only started painting them up since then!

Before the Kickstarter I only had two different Reaper minis - Echidnox and Platypod, which I got for my Aussie animals Blood Bowl menagerie. I've only made one order from their webstore, which was during the 12 Days of Reaper last year to pick up the other two Legion of Justice and Caeke minis plus a few more (but I'm considering doing another order to pick up the L2PKs).

Huh, I remember as a kid after convincing my Dad to write a check having to wait darn near a month before I got my Battletech box through mail order. Granted, this was in 1989. But anyway, the point being, a week for fulfillment and shipping is better than the old days.

• Like 1

I suspect thought that there will be a lot of Reaper Miniatures that are produced in metal that will never get shifted over to Bones production. A new release in metal makes a lot more sense than throwing a lot of money into a mold that may or may not pay for itself. Granted large creatures may always be destined for immediate molding into Bones, but there is certainly going to be a greater financial risk for a Bones mini than a metal mini.

Edited by Heisler

...but there is certainly going to be a greater financial risk for a Bones mini than a metal mini.

Making Bones Kickstarters all the more likely. Reaper gets a mold that may or may not sell well for a much lower cost, and the backers get gobs of goodies. If the model sells well, it is a win/win, if not, the loose is spread out. Edited by Niranth

Order volumes across all product lines are up 160% from same month last year. SOme are only 140%, and others (like Bones) are up by 300%, but no product line's sales have slowed.

And it's not like you're also a little busy prepping for PAX East and ReaperCon on top of everything else.

I'm not crying. I've just got some dust in my eye.. Sniff. Great news!!!!

Order volumes across all product lines are up 160% from same month last year. SOme are only 140%, and others (like Bones) are up by 300%, but no product line's sales have slowed.

• Like 1

Oh wow, I'm so glad you guys are doing well! I had worried about the impact of the Kickstarter. It couldn't happen to a nicer batch of people. I hope you're not too swamped.

Could you please give Ladystorm a pat on the back for me? I had not appreciated just how much she keeps the forum in order.

• Like 2