Reaper ink did formula change???

Vikinglodge

Hey guys and girls I am wondering if the reaper ink formula changed???

The first bottles I used were very good not to dark didn have to ad any water wich messes up the ink.

My latest purchase bothe flesh ink and wod ink were way dark so dark I have to water it down with water and that makes the ink puddle.

Have anyone else had this problames with your latest purchase of ink??

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first bottles I used were very good not to dark didn have to ad any water wich messes up the ink.

My latest purchase bothe flesh ink and wod ink were way dark so dark I have to water it down with water and that makes the ink puddle.

No problems with my Reaper Inks.

You could try Reapers Ink Extender 8208 in place of water. Or adding a Flow Improver/Flow Aid product to the water to reduce surface tension of the fluids and eliminate pooling.

I think mine were probably made wrong this time, the first inks I bought were very good these are way to strong. also a clue was aslo the labels were on wrong the brown ink had black ink label and visa versa.

I have tried ink extender but it makes the ink to shiny.

Thanks for the flow improver in ink idea I didnt think of it

I might check out Wn ink also

Hey guys if your having any problems with the paints or Inks, contact reaper and let them know, don't just post it here.

They are making great strides on the QA issues and want all of us happy users to be happy.

Drop Jay a line at

Consumer Information & Questions

Jay Ragan (972) 434-3088 x104

[email protected]

let her know about the problem and she'll get you fixed up.

Mad Pat

Dallas Texas

Drop Jay a line at

Consumer Information & Questions

Jay Ragan (972) 434-3088 x104

[email protected]

let her know about the problem and she'll get you fixed up.

Actually, they currently prefer all questions and such to go to [email protected] since Jay has help now and is continuously busy, and also she may not be the one to end up answering the question in the long run. ::D:

I have had this problem with every ink I have ever bought except Winsor & Newton's chestnut ink.  All the other W&N inks need to be modified, but not the chestnut.  It is a great color bown to boot, I recommend it to everyone.

I like WN's Nut Brown ink. If I had to choose one ink that would be the one.

I bet it is nut brown, I am very bad with names.

• Reaper User

Nut Brown is god-ink. 'Nuff said. :) Viking, I'm not sure if the formula changed, but our inks have needed watering down since I joined on here, for sure. It's possible that there were complaints about ink being too thin when they first came out, since everyone's pretty used to watering down inks. If the Ink Extender makes your ink too shiny, just use a drop and water for the rest--though I'm a little confused by the comment, every ink I've ever found has been shiny. The WN's certainly do dry shiny, but then that's what Dullcote is for. ::):

--Anne