Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Oggy steps closer to the fire and begins to dig in his backpack again. Oggy grumbles to himself "Damn it. I have nothing to wrap wounds with." He looks longingly at his new blanket sitting at the bottom of the pack. Oggy takes the blanket out of his pack and proceeds to move closer to the gnome. Oggy says "I'm not a healer by any stretch but we can cut my blanket up and try to bind any wounds that you have." Oggy waives his hand in the direction of the gnome to see if he can further get her attention.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On the southern edge of The Shining Forest there is a series of interconnected caverns that run for miles under the forest, and perhaps even as far as the river known as Paladin's Tears. Despite multi

"Easy, friend," Oberron says soothingly laying a hand on the huge man's arm. "Let me talk with these new-comers and see whether their intentions be fair or foul."     Oft fire is without smoke, An

Eldan snores loudly...

Merrillee snaps back to reality with a start, chagrined to notice both that the dark figure has moved closer to the camp and that the wolf is in meditation, not watching unconcernedly as she had earlier thought. Worse, the figure has hurled something at her, and she eyes it warily as she staggers to her feet and begins to back away, groping for her sword with one hand. Reason slowly filters into her fevered brain, telling her that if the figure meant for it to explode, surely it would not be standing nearly on it. It - he? - also is holding out a blanket, and she faintly recalls hearing the words "bandage" and "wounds" in an unfamiliar voice. Wincing, she stands tall (well, as tall as a gnome is able) and addresses the figure.

Be you friend, welcome to this fire. Who are you, and what brings you out here on such a night?

She gestures apologetically at the ruined lean-to and nearly dead fire.

Earlier we were set upon by rotting...kobold...things, and I must warn you I have been infected by whatever foulness they carry. If you would help me with this arrow in my side, we can use a strip of my cloak for a bandage - no need to destroy such a fine blanket, since I may still succumb to the infection, fight as I may against it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Eldan

 

Your hammer feels like lifting a millstone as you wait for a reply. Through the darkness you can just barely make out a figure, humanoid, but not much beyond that. The scattered embers of your fire do scant to ward away the chill.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Oberron

 

Ygrissa looks thoughtfully at you for a moment, and you notice she is toying with the haft of her hammer, as if to reassure herself that it is still at her belt. "The Elder's words do not portend well, taken with other news we've gathered on our pilgrimage. Many talk of disappearances; friends, family, and kin. Dark shapes walk at night, yet darken no hearth. It's been clear to The Church for some small time now that there is something abroad, some agent for change. The Hand likes it not. Our young world's history has been full of times of strife, and it feels to me like one such is coming again. Dark Elves have been reported south of the two great forests for the first time in my memory, and rumors from the West tell of a Trolden who has begun organizing the Fens. My auguries these past days have brought me scant comfort. The answers are clouded, and three times I have simply seen a vision of a writhing green worm. If I had not given Elder Grizulf my word to check on his charge I would hasten straight away to High Hall. Even though as my given word it is my duty, and duty performed is its own reward. I chafe at the delay."

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Neriskain

 

As you slowly approach you hear, "Please, make yourself known. My companion and I welcome peaceful travellers to our camp. We are weary. Enter if you will."

 

You hear someone moving, and the scrape of steel against something else, as though someone is readying a weapon.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Oggy

 

As you speak you are startled when the wolf suddenly sits upright, turns, and lopes into the darkness. Immediately you hear a response, and turn as the smaller figure speaks for the first time,

"Be you friend, welcome to this fire. Who are you, and what brings you out here on such a night?"

She gestures apologetically at the ruined lean-to and nearly dead fire.

"Earlier we were set upon by rotting...kobold...things, and I must warn you I have been infected by whatever foulness they carry. If you would help me with this arrow in my side, we can use a strip of my cloak for a bandage - no need to destroy such a fine blanket, since I may still succumb to the infection, fight as I may against it."

Link to post
Share on other sites

"These are grim tidings indeed, Sister." Oberron replies, "High Hall should be consulted right away. If you approve, I can check on this missing youngling while you report to High Hall. I can catch up with you there in only a few days."

Link to post
Share on other sites

(approaching slowly with empty hands out) p..p..please, I'm no threat to anyone unless freezing is contagious. I'm but a traveling scholar, cruelly cast from the caravan I had paid to travel with, and I was ill prepared for being out on my own. I have a bit of dried fruit and nuts that I find to be a welcome break from travel rations. If I might warm myself, I would be happy to share.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Merrillee watches the wolf disappear into the darkness, slightly perplexed by this turn of events. Then again, the wolf's departure is as mysterious as her appearance, and besides, Merrillee has new developments to deal with. She warily turns back to the tall figure, wondering how he might respond now that he knows she has been tainted by the rotting things.

Edited by Shiqra
Link to post
Share on other sites

Into the gloom from whence the voice came, Eldan answers, "Come. Warm yourself. No harm shall befall you at this camp. My brother is injured and needs assistance. If you can aid him, I would be in your debt. My knowledge has proven insufficient to help him." He awaits a reply...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Into the gloom from whence the voice came, Eldan answers, "Come. Warm yourself. No harm shall befall you at this camp. My brother is injured and needs assistance. If you can aid him, I would be in your debt. My knowledge has proven insufficient to help him." He awaits a reply...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oggy casts a wary glance at the protruding arrow and says "I'll attempt to help you pull the arrow out. You can count me a friend as long as you don't start biting like the remains of those kobolds. I was out......hunting......when I stumbled on the kobold tracks. I followed them here. Oggy glances at the arrow again "This is going to hurt....."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Merrillee eyes the wineskin on the ground between them.

 

That is...wine, yes? Perhaps a good drink, or two, or three will help deaden the pain a bit - and thankye for providing it. But first...

 

She fumbles in her pile of gear for her cloak and her knife, and tears a ragged strip from one end of the cloak. Then she lifts the fat wineskin and takes several swallows from it before replacing the wineskin carefully on the ground. Pausing first to let her vision and the contents of her rattled skull settle a bit, she reaches unsteadily for one of the sticks that had previously held up her leanto as her knees buckle and she sags onto the ground.

 

I...I'm ready now - do your worst.

 

Biting down fiercely on the stick to stifle the anticipated screams, she scrunches her eyes shut and braces herself for what must come next.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...