Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Loim

Against the Kobolds

Recommended Posts

@Oberron You feel your God's favor flow through you, and our your hands. However, as it touches the gnome the light turns dim, then vanishes, and you feel a sudden exhaustion. After a moment it passes.

 

@Merrillee you are healed for 0 points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Neriskain and Eldan

 

As you approach the sword you suddenly feel slightly unwell, as though beset by a light case of nausea. The feeling persists until you have the sword fully wrapped, and then slowly fades. There is however a nagging in the back of your minds, as though something is not quite right, a slight sense of impending doom if you will. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost of its own accord, Merrillee's hand once again finds the bite wound on her neck as she looks worriedly up at the praying knight.

Edited by Shiqra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I'm concerned that this is not healing," Oberron says softly. "I could feel The Knight's powers flow through me into you. Maybe these creatures have done more than simply injure you. Let me ask the the almighty for more guidance." He continues to rest his hand on Merrillee's shoulder near the wound and goes back to his prayers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Eldan "ugh...this thing is disgusting, but I suppose you know better than I what to do with it.  I am going to swap to a spell that will be more useful if we are set upon.  I find myself very nervous with the things that are going on.  I much prefer indoors and books to this!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Very well. I will rest while you perform your studies. If I am not awake when you are ready travel, rouse me, if you please. I am not fond of the thought of bearing this sword for any longer than we have to, either, and the sooner my brother receives aid, the better.

 

Thank you for your help. I am in your debt."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Oberron

 

As you pray you can almost see the light of Merrillee's life force, and at its center where her heart would be is a dark pulsing mass that is snaking black tendrils out with every pulse. You're sure that this insight has been granted to you by your god.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Neriskain and Eldan your rest and memorization are uninterrupted. Kircan's condition does not improve during this time, but at least it doesn't seem to be noticeably worse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I don't want to frighten you, Small One," Oberron says gravely, "but there is something going on here that I don't think that I have the power to cure. Once we get this warning to the elves, I suggest that you accompany me directly to see my superiors. They know The Knight's blessings much more thoroughly than I do. I will ask him to look over you until we have a chance to get there though."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Merrillee nods solemnly.

 

I thank ye, Sir.

 

It is best, I think, that we leave this accursed place as soon as possible, and begin our journey to the elves.

 

So saying she turns and gathers up her belongings, then carefully stamps out the remains of the fire. Then, shouldering her pack and sheathing her sword, she turns back to the knight.

 

I am ready when you are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Merrillee looks up at the large man, then at his large horse, and nods. Squaring her shoulders she  turns towards the edge of the forest, then remembers something and stops

Oggy mentioned we should skirt the southern edge of the forest, and either head north from there, or try to find a caravan from Dvarrowferj or somewhere near there. I know nothing of this Dvarrowferj place, nor what kind of people we would encounter in such a caravan, but there is safety in numbers, or so it is said. If you know more of these places, perhaps we might try that option.

 

Otherwise I would travel by the first route, as it seems more direct, although we must be vigilant, since this way may also contain many unknown dangers.

Edited by Shiqra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When morning arrives, Neriskain quietly calls out "Eldan, let's eat and get going.  Have you any travel rations left or would you like some of mine?  I suppose if you are able to hunt or fish you could do that, but perhaps it would be better to do something quick and get an early start.  I know I would certainly like to be somewhere where your brother could get help and we could get rid of that nasty sword."

 

Neriskain begins digging through her bags, pulling out rations, nuts, raisins, and dates, as well as some water to drink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...