Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Loim

Against the Kobolds

Recommended Posts

@Oberron 

 

You vaguely recall from things you've heard around that Dvarrowferj is a small town, near the southern edge of the Shining Forest on the banks of the Silver River. It's composed primarily of dwarves, and is based around a mining operation from nearby caves...or something. You're not positive about the mining thing, but you're definite on the dwarf thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eldan starts awake at the sound of the voice. The sudden movement brings back the events of the night before, causing pain from both the wounds of the battle and the soreness of extreme exertion.

 

A strangled moan escapes as he sits up to reply, "Thank you, but I have sufficient rations." As his thoughts gather, he adds, "Indeed, I agree we should begin our trek as quickly as possible. My brother and I were travelling to the Elven Court. A good place, I think, to find aid such as we require. Are you, also, travelling in this direction?"

 

While awaiting a reply, Eldan moves to Kircan to check his condition, hoping to see some sign of improvement, but also fearing the opposite.

Edited by Kacir
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I have heard a few things about Dvarrowferj. I know that it's a dwarfish town to the south of the Shining Forest. I think that they might be involved heavily in mining," Obberron replies. 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Merrillee ponders this for a moment. Being of somewhat impetuous nature she is anxious to be on her way to deliver this important message, dangers or no dangers. And the more she thinks about it, a caravan sounds like a noisy, chaotic affair. But her years as a scholar have taught her a modicum of discipline.

 

To reach the Court, it seems our choice is longer distance to travel but possible safety in numbers, or shorter distance to travel but likely dangers we must fight ourselves, which could delay us. Although we could be waylaid on the way to Dvarrowferj too...

 

Ach - my head hurts from all this thinking. I'm for striking out on our own, around the Forest, and North to the Court, but then I'm also the one who was reported lost and had to have a paladin of the Knight sent to my rescue...

 

What say ye, Sir?

Edited by Shiqra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming you mean the Court of the Moon, this would be the first piece of good fortune I've seen in many a weary day, as that is indeed where I am headed.  I was sent off on a pet project by my master weeks ago.  He is too elderly to go himself, so I was tasked with bringing back the information he seeks.  Thus far I've learned that caravan masters have no sense of what is proper, that dishwashing is horrible, and that the only thing worse than walking on sore feet is walking on sore, wet feet!  Also that the stories of beautiful, bright singing elves never mention that SOME of them can be quite irascible old biddies.  To withhold information simply for the sake of appearing wise should be a crime!  To think that she....

 

Neriskain trails off as Eldan tends to Kircan.

 

My sincere apologies good sir, I digress.  This has all been a new experience for me, and thus far most of it terribly unpleasant, but I have certainly not experienced the same troubles as your poor brother.  Let us hope the healing prowess of the elves and the wisdom of the Court of the Moon has not been exaggerated.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What say ye, Sir?

 

The young man-at-arms ponders the question for a few moments. "As time is of the absolute essence," he replies, "I say that we have to take the chance of the shorter trek. If we're lucky, and The Knight is with us, we can make it to our destination unscathed."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Merrillee nods, a grin lighting her battle-scarred face for a moment.

 

Aye. And we must be vigilant - I'd rather not be surprised again as I was last eve.

 

Then she turns, and heads out in the direction Oggy indicated, her eyes and ears alert to the forest around her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The young knight collects his thoughts and quickly catches up to Merrille, one hand resting lightly on the pommel of his sword. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Eldan

 

You perform your morning prayers for your spells (need to know which ones), and then check on Kircan. He seems a bit weaker, though less riled than before. There is an unhealthy color to his eyes that was not there before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Neriskain

 

While Eldan goes about his tasks  you gather up your few belongings, and make ready to set forth. The weather has cleared somewhat, though it is a bit chillier than the previous day. You get the feeling that a long cold slog lies ahead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Oberron and Merrillee

 

You set forth East..ish. The day has turned out bright, and slightly chillier than the previous. The storm clouds have departed though.

 

@Merrillee

 

You feel fevered and flushed. Your legs are not the steadiest they've been. You were wrong before, it's not that chilly, but rather annoyingly warm. Also your mouth tastes like the inside of a spittoon, and your head feels like a family of werebadgers have taken up residence therein. You're also hungry. Very, very hungry, though nothing you can think of in your packs seems to be what you want.

 

Roll Con check

 

@Oberron 

 

You notice the gnome seems a bit more wan than before. You get the feeling that whatever has infected the wounds is still causing her problems. 

 

Roll Wis check

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...