Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Loim

Against the Kobolds

Recommended Posts

Merrillee is roused from her reverie by the young knight's exclamation. She can make out other voices, and, overcome by curiosity, she tries to sit up and peer around the side of the tinker's wagon to get a look at the newcomers. In her debilitated state, however, she mainly succeeds in entangling herself in her cloak. Muttering in frustration, she lies back, determined to eavesdrop on the conversation as much as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'Oberron? How,..?'

 

'HA! This is most fortuitous indeed!' Eldan returns the embrace, but then grows somber. 'My friend, I would ask you to see to Kircan straight away. We were attacked by a truly unwholesome creature and he was wounded. He has been close to death since and my healing powers do not affect his state. Perhaps your abilities to treat disease will, however.'

 

He turns to lead the Squire to Kircan but stops. 'I'm sorry. What of your companion? I assume your abilities have not aided her. Maybe mine can, if you would like.'

Edited by Kacir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I would be happy to try to help your brother, my friend," the knight says solemnly. "However, I have not been able to help my companion and I'm not sure that I will be able to do much for Kircan either."

 

He hurries over to the sick man and puts a hand upon his fevered brow. Praying vehemently to The Knight for help in curing the illness ravaging the man's body.

 

OOC Attempting to Cure Disease

Edited by styates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Oberron 

 

You are shocked at the state you find Kircan in. The last time you saw him, teaching you and the other initiates he was boisterous, and full of good cheer. Your entreaties to The Knight seem to bring some small measure of comfort to him, but sadly the curing of disease seems to have no effect on his affliction whatsoever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well who would have guessed we'd run across someone you knew!  I am sorry that your prayers to The Knight have not been able to heal either of your companions, but perhaps he has heard you insofar as to grant the good fortune of this meeting.  I am not terribly familiar with The Knight myself, but as a scholar I must say the odds are entirely against this sort of thing being random happenstance.  In any case, I am comforted to have the size of our party doubled.  You mentioned a companion, but I see no-one.  Is she also of a unique appearance?  I vow I shall not judge her harshly if this is so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Everyone 

 

Given that you have been loitering outside town now for some time the city guards have become curious, and now two contingents of guards are headed toward your respective parties. They don't appear to be hurrying, but you can see that they are armed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oberron shakes his head in frustration, not with The Knight, but with his inability to find the right prayers. As hi looks up to his large friend to apologize, he sees the guards approaching in the distance.

 

"I'm sorry, my friend, but I cannot seem to find the words to assist Kircan or the little one. However, it looks like we may be delayed on our journey a healer," he says. "Company's coming!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A low rumble begins to roll forth from Eldan as he turns to face the new on-comers.  Years of dedication and service have done much to tame the minotaur's intemperate spirit, but the events of the last days and hours have eaten away at his hard-earned self control. His nostrils flare as he inhales quickly and blows out what can only be called a loud snort. The full frame of his seven-plus feet and his four hundred sixty pounds pulls taut, bending slightly at the waist and at the knees.  As his brow lowers down over his eyes in a menacing glare, his shoulders roll forward and strain against the chain links of his armor. Rational thought flies from his mind as he can think only of his beleaguered brother and new-found companions...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neriskain looks up at Eldan in complete shock.  She seems uncertain whether to hide behind him in case the newcomers are bad news, or step forward to prevent him overreacting if they aren't.  Finally she settles for off to one side, but back a few steps just in case.  "Eldan!!!  Don't do anything rash, those could be the city guard.  They certainly aren't charging us or hiding in ambush as highwaymen or brigands are wont to do.  Try not to scare them to death will  you?  If they are of the city they may know of a healer.  Please, think of your brother!"

Edited by Matbar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Merrillee struggles against the folds of fabric holding her prisoner and manages to free an arm and a leg, but the exertion causes her to go into another coughing fit, and she lies back against her pack to catch her breath. First newcomers to the party, then city guards approaching, and she can neither see what's going on, nor provide much in the way of assistance, and she groans in frustration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Easy, friend," Oberron says soothingly laying a hand on the huge man's arm. "Let me talk with these new-comers and see whether their intentions be fair or foul."

 

 

Oft fire is without smoke,

And perill without show: therefore your stroke,

Sir Knight, with-hold, till further triall made.

 

"Sit tight friends," the young knight finishes, mounting his horse. "I shall return shortly with tidings."

 

With that, he rides towards the approaching group in, hopefully, a nonthreatening manner.

Edited by styates
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eldan, only vaguely aware of the voices directed at him, glances after the figure riding off toward the new irritants and seems to catch himself. Without a word, he turns, mumbling mostly inaudible words under his breath. A harsh "cowardly" is spit out toward then end of the suppressed rant.  Stress drains only a little from the bunched muscles and he strides over to Kircan to once again check his condition.  

 

Finding no change, he moves toward the diminutive figure lying against her pack, hoping to ease her discomfort.  His stride shortens as he moves and the furrowed brow eases, changing the scowl to appear more pensive than angered. After applying his skill as a healer, he rests back onto his haunches and hangs his head, a prayer for strength and wisdom coming quietly to his lips.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Oberron

 

As you approach the guards they stop, spread out, and begin freeing their weapons. You count 6. it appears that there are 4 dwarves, what appears to be a halfling, and an elf. You hear them conferring in a harsh guttural tongue that you recognize as dwarven. They appear to be sizing you up trying to judge your intentions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Merrillee

 

untangling yourself you find that you have probably enough energy to dismount the cart if you wish. Your exertions cause your head to pound, and you feel a bit nauseous. As your attention wanders from you exertion you begin to think of blood, and brains, and screams...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Neriskain

 

Eldan appears to have calmed for the moment, or at least you think so. Perhaps your reasoning got through to him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...