Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Loim

Against the Kobolds

Recommended Posts

The ministrations of the strange giant seem to have helped, as Merrillee discovers she has enough strength to dismount the cart and gain her feet on terra firma once more. Gripping the sides of the cart for support, she edges around it, intending to make her way to where the others are. Before she gets very far, a wave of nausea grips her, and her head feels like the werebadgers are on the rampage again. She sags against the cart, slowly sliding down to the ground. From this vantage point, she surveys the party, the approaching strangers, the tinker and his horse, and a strange glint appears in her eyes.

Edited by Shiqra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not understanding what anyone is saying, but knowing from their actions that he's about to be in a whole lot of trouble, Oberron reigns his horse and raises his hands to show that his intentions are not violent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two of the guards move toward Oberron; one elven and one dwarven. They are obviously conferring, but they show no signs of immediate hostility. Nearing they pull up, and the elf sketches a short bow, and speaks, "Greetings traveler. What brings you to this fair town. What are your intentions, and if you pleases you I would have your name." You get the feeling he's not really asking so much as observing niceties. 

 

Two dwarves and the halfing skirt Oberron and head toward the wagon. The last one stops between both groups, and readies her bow. Upon seeing Eldan they slow, and pull up some ways short of the group. They obviously recognize the Tinker. After a short conversation among themselves the halfling hails the tinker. " 'Allo Bill, you 'aving a spot of trouble then? What's up wi' this lot?" Then directing his attention to the rest,"Oi, you lot, what are you about?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"My name is Oberron Redcrosse. My companions and I are trying to find a healer for our friends who are ill," the knight responds to the query. "Does this town have a healer skilled in the arts who might be able to assist them?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Merrillee huddles against the cart wheel, waiting for the wave of nausea to pass. Strange thoughts swirl through her fevered mind, and she mutters under her breath something about blood, and brains, and screams. The halfing's hail startles her into silence, however. She pulls her cloak more tightly about herself as if trying to disappear into its folds and goggles mutely up at the newcomers.

Edited by Shiqra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neriskain tries to look at everything at once.  Just as she is about to introduce herself Oberron responds to the guards.  Her mouth opens and shuts several times, but with all that is going on she falls uncharacteristically silent.  Since Oberron seems to have the conversation well in hand she moves closer to Eldan to check on him.  Then the small person near the cart wheel begins whispering about brains or something.  This is all too much for a girl more accustomed to reading about the outdoors than being in it, and she decides to hide behind Eldan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eldan raises his head to listen. He remains seated and does his best to remain unthreatening. He remains silent as the halfling questions them, hoping Neriskain might answer.

 

When no reply comes forth corresponds, "We are seeking a skilled healer. A Knight and a halfling have been injured, and are beyond our skills." He waves his hand in the directions of the hurt companions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The tinker replies, "I ran across the sick 'un, and the knight some days back, and gave 'em a lift. I know naught of these others. Seems the lady and 'er beast also have a sick 'un, and they know each other or summat. A bit beyond my ken, iff'n you catch my wag. Bad fer trade I reckon."

 

@Oberron

 

They confer briefly, and then the elf speaks again. "We have a small temple to Dvotun, though all of a goodly bent are welcome there. Given the circumstances though we will require you vouchsafe your conduct, and bind your weapons. Is that acceptable?" He appears to be awaiting your response.

 

@Eldan

 

As your voice booms forth the guards jump back a step, drawing their weapons. The archer some distance away jerks her bow into a half draw. After you make no overt moves they relax slightly, and begin a hurriedly whispered conversation. The halfling finally speaks, "We'll escort you in then, but that great shaggy beast will have to give up that bloody great maul, and the rest of you will bond or do the same." They stand somewhat apprehensively waiting to see what happens next. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Merrillee's wide eyes dart from one person to the next in the group in front of her, and her ears strain to catch every word. Her interest taken with all the new goings-on around her, she remains silent, the strange thoughts temporarily forgotten.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oberron does not hesitate to accept the terms. "Whatever will help my friends, I will gladly abide. Let me inform the others of your terms so that they are not taken unaware." He turns and rides back to his growing party of companions and explains the situation as described to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neriskain peeps around Eldan cautiously, noting the semi-ready stance of the guards.

 

@ Eldan "Will you do as they say and surrender your weapon?  They seem of good intent and I fear your brother's life may depend upon their cooperation."

 

Without waiting for an answer Neriskain clears her throat a few times nervously and says clearly "This MAN is no beast despite his appearance.  He took me into his shelter during a storm I was ill prepared to weather on my own, despite his already heavy concerns for his brother.  I am certain the good tinker meant no ill, but I'll hear nothing poor spoken of Eldan in my presence, if you please."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As you all bind your weapons one of the dwarven guards moves forward quickly, and with a grunt shoulders the massive hammer. Then they form up around the group and begin moving you toward town. The gnome ensconced again in the tinker's wagon at their suggestion. You notice that the guards jump every time Eldan moves, and stay back from the wagon as if afraid of the gnome being contagious. You also notice that the two "lead" guards are conferring quietly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You now find yourself in the town of Dvarrowferj. As you progress through the streets people stop and stare at Eldan. After a brief progression  you find yourselves being led to a heavy stone building. Number 2 on the map. 

 

Dvarrowferj2.jpg

 

Roll Int checks please. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...