Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Loim

Against the Kobolds

Recommended Posts

@Neriskain given the architectural style and the visible markings you are almost positive that the building you are being led toward is a temple dedicated to Dvotun. You seem to remember reading a short essay on Dvotun as the primary (good) deity of the Dvarrow (Dwarves). 

 

 

After being pushed unceremoniously into the building (Eldan has to stoop down considerably due to the low ceilings) you are all crowded into a small room with a table and chairs. Kircan is laid out on the table, and Merrillee is helped into a chair. The guards then leave without a word. After a short time a stocky older dwarf wearing steel grey vestments followed by two younger dwarves in plain brown robes enters. He briefly examines Kircan, and then after sharp exhalation begins speaking rapidly in the harsh guttural language you suspect from before is dwarven. The two younger dwarves pale noticeably, and then quickly lift Kircan off the table, and trundle him from the room all before any of you can really react. The older dwarf mutters a loud exclamatory phrase that you suspect from the tone to be an expletive. Ignoring the rest of you, he then turns to examine Merrillee; poking her wounds, and checking her eyeballs. He then pulls the ornate hammer from his belt, and places it against her forehead, and begins chanting. Merrillee you are too weak at this point to offer any resistance to whatever he's doing. 

 

Everyone roll another Int check please (just a standard 1d20 and post results I'll deal with modifiers)

 

Eldan and Oberon roll Wis checks please (same as Int, only wiser). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Oberron after the chanting proceeds for a few seconds you recognize that though the words are not all the same, the cadence is a bit different, and the invocation is changed the spell resembles the same Cure Disease spell you watched sister Ygrissa cast several times while tending the different villages. You also notice that as he casts, though his focus seems to be on the hammer, he surreptitiously moves his hand up under his vestments toward the throat. 

 

 

@Merrillee after a brief moment of chanting you feel a soothing sensation begin to spread through your body from the hammer. Your fever departs almost immediately, and you feel like you are yourself again, though very, very, very weak. It's like a veil has been lifted that had tainted everything for many days.

 

The figure then barks at you in heavily a harsh, heavily accented voice, "Gut, disease is gone now. Very, very weak though. Curing does not fix that. Now, I must see to the cursed that you have brought into my town, you foolish foolish ones!" With that he turns and storms out of the room before any of you can react further. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Merrillee, it does my heart good to see that you are feeling better," Oberron says as the old dwarf storms out. "I trust the others to look after you now though. I must see what can be done for Kircan!"

 

He tries to leave the room and follow in the direction of the dwarf priest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Neriskain by the time you stop zoning out, everything has already occurred and you see Oberron trying to leave.

 

@Oberron as you try to step out the door two dwarves in mail step forward, and the one on the right says, "You stay. Wait. Rest." Then they close the door in your face.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although too weak to do much but sit in the chair where she was placed, Merrillee manages a relieved smile at Oberron's kind words. She blinks in surprise at the rather abrupt behavior of the guards at the door, but before she can ponder too much the significance of this, her eyes close, and she drifts into a light doze, for once untroubled by screams and strange thoughts.

Edited by Shiqra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Oberron "Huh?  They helped the little one, but then shut the door in your face?  That seems a bit troubling, though I am almost certain this is a temple dedicated to one of their good deities.  Perhaps dwarven priests are naturally surly."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I have faith that these folk mean well," Oberron responds. "I can only pray to The Knight that their feelings of charity also extend to our friend who is no longer within our power to aide otherwise."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...