Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Loim

Against the Kobolds

Recommended Posts

A few hours pass. You've begun to wonder if they have forgotten about you entirely. Suddenly with no notice the door swings open to admit two of the dour looking guards, and a younger robed dwarven woman. The woman is carrying a covered tray. After setting it down on the floor she makes a sharp gesture towards all of you, and then at the tray. She rattles of something in dwarven, and then turns and exits. As the guards turn to follow her one of them says, "Food there. You eat. You stay here now. News later, and bird." After speaking he gives you all another dark look, and then closes the door behind him as he exits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The young knight takes up a piece of fruit. "I guess we may as well nourish ourselves if we're going to be forced to remain here," he says as he bites into the juicy pear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Understanding the severity of the situation, and that certain protocols must be followed in such instances, Eldan follows the young knight in gaining nourishment. After grabbing the largest morsel off of the tray he moves to the corner to meditate and regain strength.

 

Still embarrassed at his short outburst earlier, he remains silent and keeps his eyes lowered, not meeting the gaze of the others in the room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neriskain mulls over the events of the day as she picks something from the tray and sits down.

 

@Eldan - Well mannerless they may be, but I suppose I can understand.  If what infected your brother and the small one came from the smelly thing in the woods, they are likely not entirely pleased with having it brought here.  These dwarves cannot be so bad if they have performed healings on our behalf, and if their intent was to do away with us, I'm certain they would not have given us food.

 

News later and bird?  I wonder if they await a message carried by trained bird, or if this refers to something else entirely.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Merrillee slides down off the chair and nabs something off the tray that looks promising. As she sits cross-legged on the floor to eat it, she leans back against the wall and ponders the dwarfs last words to the group. Bird? Vaguely she remembers the young knight penning a message to his superiors and a ... ranger? who said he'd send it by bird, but that was going to a different place entirely, wasn't it? But the ranger was also going to discuss the matter with his mentor, so maybe the two of them had sent another bird to the dwarfs...

 

The human woman's words filter into her musings and the mention of birds catches her attention. Clearing her throat, she speaks up in a tiny voice

 

There was a ranger who happened upon my battle with the smelly kobolds, and the next morning, the young knight arrived at camp. I think I remember the knight saying he wanted to send a message to his superiors and the ranger said he'd send it by bird. He also said he was going to discuss the kobold attack and the news brought by the dire wolf with his mentor, so maybe the mentor sent another bird here? I apologize, my memories are a bit hazy at the moment.

Edited by Shiqra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Merrillee "Well as gravely ill as you have been, you did well to recall anything.  In light of what has happened to many of  us, and the words of our hosts, I would be willing to believe you remembered truely what was said.  It seems there is something evil about that may spread far and wide.  Coordinating information is wise."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eldan's response to the talkative scholar is a slight nod, keeping his head bowed in prayer. The situation, the inability to aid the only person he had ever truly connected with, coupled with the prattle of the room's occupants threatened his hold on his teachings.

 

Steady, he reassured himself, they mean well.

 

Again, in earnest, his thoughts flew to his deity and he prayed fervently for both his brother and for his own patience.

 

His anamalistic nature longed to lash out, to find something to smash, something to throw his brute force into, but his training held true, reminding him to remain steadfast. The Knight had led him here for a reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a bit what you assume to be an acolyte comes and collects all the plates and trays, leaving a fresh pitcher of water and some wooden cups.

 

Some time passes, and the older dwarf in the vestments returns. He looks briefly around the room. "You are rested now? Good." Before you can reply one way or the other he continues. "I am being Targyl the Gornsson. Priest of the great Dvotun. The other you are bringing here, he is having much in the sickness. Very bad in the curse. You understand this, the curse?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eldan jumps at the chance to speak to those in charge of helping Kircan. He stands quickly, addressing the stout figure.

 

Thank you, Sir, for your aid. My brother and I were set upon by a vile creature. Undead, Sir. Neither my physical aid, nor my limited spiritual gifts seemed to improve the state of the wound Kircan received from the feind's blade.

 

We met these others after our encounter. I trained with the knight, though the others are new aquaintances. They seem most trusrworthy, however. What can I do to aid you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing that the minotaur has taken the lead, and rightfully so, Oberron decides to hang back and assess the situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Merrillee listens intently to the exchange, her eyes focusing first on the strange giant, then the dwarf priest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After settling the growling in his stomach, Oberron turns his attention to his new friends, "It is certainly a relief to see you returning to health, Merrillee," he says. "Honestly, your improvement is the only thing calming my nerves in regards to the treatment that Kircan is receiving and the fact that we appear to be trapped here for the time being. Why cure you if these dwarfish folk mean us harm."

 

"Since we have the time at the moment, maybe we should decide how we are going to continue our journey to these Knights of the Aspen and warn them of the danger that we have discovered."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Targyl stops for a minute, listening as you talk amongst yourselves.Then he addresses you all as a group. "It is...being as Dvotun wills it." He pauses for a moment as if making sure he spoke correctly. After a brief pause, he glances up and to the left, and then continues, "Yes, the will of it. There is being one coming soon to help with the study of this, and the hondla...the curing...of this. She is from the Moon Court. Not much on the liking of the elves is this one, but much powerful in the healing. Others are coming also to speak with you all. Many fugl...many of the birds...are arriving about bad things. You wait here. Sleep maybe. Pray. The hondla will being started at moonrise." He then mutters something under his breath. He then waits as if to see if you reply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Realizing the dwarf is having difficulties communication, Neriskain keeps her words more brief and simple than usual.

 

 

@Targyl  Thank you for allowing the elven lady into your city to heal our companions.  I am grateful to be in the company of goodly folk who follow the teachings of Dvotun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...