Loim

Against the Kobolds

As his wits gather, Eldan begins to bemoan his decision to part with his warhammer, when glances upon it standing in the corner of the room. He covers the distance in a couple of easy strides and reclaims his weapon. As he turns to make ready his voice rumbles forth to the others.

"It is some sort of undead that gathers. The same stench was upon the wind before my brother and I were attacked. It would not surprise me if they were led by the same creature, or at least one similar, that gave Kircan the injury that now threatens him."

"The Knight protect us and guide us."

• Like 1

At the mention of undead, Merrillee's knuckles whiten as her small fists clench. She moves towards the door with Oberron.

Edited by Shiqra

Neriskain casts her shield spell on Eldan, then looks for a place to hide and something to throw, hoping she can at least provide a distraction that will allow the fighters a better target.

Edited by Matbar

@Neriskain 

You cast your shield spell on Eldan

As you all stand to the ready the sounds of battle grow louder outside your door. It increases to the point where you can hear the sounds of shouting and the clash of weapons outside, or near the outside, of your door. Multiple flashes of light strobe beneath your door. Something falls heavily against the outside of the door, and it shudders. 

Being nearest to the door, but weaponless, Oberron prepares to grapple with the first thing that enters the room.

Merillee prepares to bite the ankles of anything Oberron grapples to the floor, or, preferably, deliver a swift kick to the kneecaps should the opportunity present itself.

A thought occurs to Eldan that he would rather not be trapped inside this room. Next, his mind jumps to the safety of his brother.

"Companions, it is my thought to force our way through the door and out. It may be that we can aid those outside. What say you?"

"That sounds like a good plan to me," Oberron replies. "I do not feel that waiting around here is doing anyone any good."

*As noted previously I will allow all of you your weapons if you want them.

As the group makes preparations the sounds outside continue. Several bright flashes strobe noticeably in the crack beneath the door. There is a loud scream that is cut off, and something slams forcibly into the door shaking the hinges, and cracking one of the timbers on the inside.