Learn to Paint Kits (L2PK)

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I saw anyone posting about this, but they were selling these at PAX East:

DSC03080.JPG

Contents were:

1 Bones miniature (I believe there were 3 to choose from, the art of the front reflected what was inside)

10 Paints (at PAX they let us pick-and-choose, so I didn't pay attention to what was inside)

1 paintbrush - the one I got was red and labeled "0 Hair Sri Lanka"

1 set of instructions. I saw L2PK #1 and #2 instructions in some of the boxes, but I ended up with instructions for the old "Hobby Q - Learn to Paint Kit" (instructions for angel, tiger, dinosaur). There didn't seem to be a pattern to the included instructions.

the foam was the same as the HD Paint Set #1 and #2 pistol cases (space for 36 dropper bottles, paint brushes and a 2 other spaces)

• Like 4

That painting kit was a convention specific deal. One of my favorite comments by a buyer was, "Is Reaper afraid to have money? Aren't you pretty much giving these away?" We laughed...I assured him that no, we were more than happy to help him part with his money.

And then I helped him pick out about a dozen Bones and another bunch of paints. :poke:

• Like 5

A cunning snare. Quality bait, lure them in, and get them interested, soon you've more then covered the cost of the bait in your return, and the victim of the sanre leaves happy as can be, only to return again and again and again.

• Like 2

Ah yes, I've seen this evil plan before. They call it Quality Service. It's a rare sight in businesses these days. It's good to see Reaper has it!

I've been tracking the L2PKs I ordered from Reaper, and the USPS site was updating pretty well, but it's been nearly a week since it last had an update. I blame the many holidays. Still, I look forward to getting them! Went out and bought a simple plastic Palette today, and some brush soap. I do think I'm all set.

• Like 3

That painting kit was a convention specific deal. One of my favorite comments by a buyer was, "Is Reaper afraid to have money? Aren't you pretty much giving these away?" We laughed...I assured him that no, we were more than happy to help him part with his money.

And then I helped him pick out about a dozen Bones and another bunch of paints. :poke:

Geez, and most of the comments that I got were about how evil we were. :down:

"But at least we're nice about it!!" was my usual response. ::D:

From what I remember, the Dwarf was usually LTPK1, the Troll was LTPK2, and the Ogre was the Hobby Que general set. We totally sold out of all sets by late Saturday afternoon.

Ron

• Like 1

Geez, and most of the comments that I got were about how evil we were. :down:

"But at least we're nice about it!!" was my usual response. ::D:

From what I remember, the Dwarf was usually LTPK1, the Troll was LTPK2, and the Ogre was the Hobby Que general set. We totally sold out of all sets by late Saturday afternoon.

Ron

My original plan was to pick up my loot at the end of the day so I wouldn't have to carry it around all day, but seeing how much smaller the booth was than last year, I decided to get the stuff early rather than late. That was probably just paranoia - although the Paint & Take was super-popular, PAX doesn't seem super popular with miniature fans.