Learn to Paint Kits (L2PK)

I just caved and bought myself L2PKs 1, 2, 4 and 5 since people said they usually save 3 until last. The only mini paints I have are awful GW paints I was way overcharged for ($60 for I think 6 colours...?) years ago that I've hardly used and have almost all dried up.
I stupidly didn't pledge for any of the Reaper paints during the Kickstarter for all those minis I'll be getting. :blink:

• Like 2
  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are getting four of the learn to paint kits, you are getting a fair number of the "must have" colors anyway. IMO, the kits are as good a deal as the KS paint sets on a per bottle basis since you get 10-11 bottles per kit as well as 2 metal minis and 2 brushes.

• Like 1

I just caved and bought myself L2PKs 1, 2, 4 and 5 since people said they usually save 3 until last. The only mini paints I have are awful GW paints I was way overcharged for ($60 for I think 6 colours...?) years ago that I've hardly used and have almost all dried up.

I stupidly didn't pledge for any of the Reaper paints during the Kickstarter for all those minis I'll be getting. :blink:

In some ways that's quite good - there's a fair amount of crossover between the 2 starter paint sets from the Kickstarter and the stuff from the L2PKs. I went in for 3 of the 4 paint sets from the Kickstarter, and all of the L2PKs and from memory I'm going to be adding about 22 new paints from a 36 paint total. If I'd known what I know now, I'd have likely skipped Starter Sets 1 & 2 and gone for the other 2 sets + the L2PKs.

I'm going to have 4 of some colors by the time my Kickstarter gets here. Oh well, at least they tend to be the most used colors : )

I'm still waiting (im)patiently for my L2PK's (1&2) to arrive. Hope they come soon, as I am off later today to house sit for a family friend while he's in Vegas. I would love to have mine so i can kill the hours in practice.

Still waiting eh? That's a bummer. I loved L2PK1, and hey it did its job in that I actually learned and remembered stuff.

Just waiting for my replacement L2PK2 parts to come in (It will be a while) and based on the sheer quality and value of the kits 3, 4 and 5 will be in my shopping cart next payday.

Also, this mythical Canadian Reapercon will have the both of us there for sure.

I'm still waiting (im)patiently for my L2PK's (1&2) to arrive. Hope they come soon, as I am off later today to house sit for a family friend while he's in Vegas. I would love to have mine so i can kill the hours in practice.

I'll have my fingers crossed for you!

Are there samples of these kits? I'd like to say maybe 1 (or even a half) page of what the lessons look like.

Not as far as I know, but if you look at the last post on the bottom page someone took a photo of the contents of all 5 kits together.

Well, I got some sort of package today, but I cannot pick it up till tomorrow. The USPS tracking site still has not updated since March 26th, but (to my knowledge) I do not have any OTHER things being sent to me.

So either this is my Bones KS (which I REALLY doubt, being Canadian and having a large order) or its the L2PKs. I'll update tomorrow when we find out! :D

• Like 1

Thats pretty much my thoughts. Even if I got the KS (it would be awesome!) but I'd hold off doing much with it till I got the L2PKs anyway.

While I dont regret only getting the first 2, I dont want to have to wait for whenever I order the next 3. Upon ordering it, I knew it could be 2-3 weeks for shipping, and it doesnt sound like that much of a wait... till a week and a half goes by and I'm dying of wait.

Hey guys... look what I got today!

kits1and2_1.jpg

Wait for it....

Wait for it....

BAM!

kits1and2_2.jpg

Looking these over I'll definitely be picking up 3,4,5 in the very near future. Really nice resource. Damn if that little guard mini did not have a lot of flack and flash on him. And a rather large mold line. I think the mold might have been misaligned a bit. Meh, still fun for practice!

• Like 4