Reaper Con Sophie green

ladystorm

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice. Is the concept art public somewhere?

Pretty sure this is the shirt/concept art:

http://www.reapermini.com/images/reapercon/2013/rcon13_shirt_design.jpg

(thou I'd still like to see it just as white line art on a colored T-shirt. Of course on the back with the Reaper logo across the heart (like the early years of RCon....... ^_^ )

• Like 2

We *might* be doing the shirt art as a poster for the swag bag. Stay tuned.

I really, really hope there is a poster like the one from 2011.

Was pretty awesome cause I bought the shirt mainly to put it on my wall as decoration only to find the shirt AND a poster so I had something for my wall and something to wear! Even got a cool gold frame for it.

And yes I made an account just to say this lol.

• Like 2

Ok, let me start by saying that I love Derek Schubert and his artwork and have purchased several of his sculpts in the past (this is not a rant against him at all), but I have to ask, what do others think of the RC Sophie this year? I am not sure if i care for it as much as Sophies in years past. It could be the picture of the green so i will hold off on my full opinion until i see the final production piece.

It's just, i dunno, i am not feeling it for some reason. And i cannot say what it is. Someone help me out with this.

Am I the only one?

Please keep the trolling to a minimum, i am not trying to stir anything up or hurt feelings, this is my observation. The mini itself would be fine as a female ring master, maybe it's the "Sophie" part i am not feeling?

Edited by ladystorm
moved comment to on topic thread

To each his own. I personally love the new Sophie, so much so that I plan on getting two, and I never buy duplicates. You may be onto something with the succubus thing, I really like the whole steampunky circus look and am planning on leaving the wings off of one.

I'm kind of at the same point. The sculpt is excellent, but it doesn't say Sophie to me. I would have been happier with something closer to the original artwork as well. It is a great sculpt and has a lot of possibilities. Painted version may well change my mind about too, sometimes it takes paint to really bring out the mini.

I think she's lovely. I like the sculpt (not too fond of the whip, but that's a minor quibble). The theme is fantastic and I do like Sophie. She's not my absolute favorite Sophie, but I couldn't honestly tell you which Sophie is my favorite anyway. But she will be my first and I sort of wish I had use for more of her. (I don't really have a use for this one - I just took a gamble I'd like her and was pleased that I will.)