Sign in to follow this  
Maledrakh

Question: is this figure considered "nudity" for this forum

yea it would be, in general if you can see the business parts then you need to link to it instead of embedding the pic.

also keep in mind you can't use black bar's for some reason, it has to be a link.

Edited by pocketcthulhu

business parts ... I hear this the first time.

In my opinion this would be no nudity, if it is not painted fleshy. But even then I could not see nudity in a monster like gargoyles and harpies, it is not a human (or elf, or dwarf and it is already beginning to be *gross* with the dwarf...)

Even a statue of a human would be not nude if it is naked. But I'm european and I know what american movies think about europeans. :-)

I had the same problem with my ghouls, didn't see in them nude humans, only monsters.

So I would link this gargoyle, too.

• Like 2

I've posted a figure that didn't show any "business parts" but still got removed. (It had a wide ribbon covering all the bits). So probably you want to err on the side of caution

business parts ... I hear this the first time.

In my opinion this would be no nudity, if it is not painted fleshy. But even then I could not see nudity in a monster like gargoyles and harpies, it is not a human (or elf, or dwarf and it is already beginning to be *gross* with the dwarf...)

Even a statue of a human would be not nude if it is naked. But I'm european and I know what american movies think about europeans. :-)

I had the same problem with my ghouls, didn't see in them nude humans, only monsters.

So I would link this gargoyle, too.

Im with you on this one but people are bloody touchy about this sort of thing here :ph34r: btw thanks a lot, I'm thinking of nude female dwarfs now and I don't know If I should laugh or cry.

I've posted a figure that didn't show any "business parts" but still got removed. (It had a wide ribbon covering all the bits). So probably you want to err on the side of caution

"Acceptable Content

Remember, this is a family forum and to keep it such, please think about what you post. If your mini/sketch/picture has nudity please do not post the picture, instead provide a link to the picture and plenty of warning to the viewer. We will remove your images if you fail to comply with this. Additionally, censoring your images with black out strips (or any other option) isn't allowed, they must be linked."

Edited by pocketcthulhu

"Acceptable Content

Remember, this is a family forum and to keep it such, please think about what you post. If your mini/sketch/picture has nudity please do not post the picture, instead provide a link to the picture and plenty of warning to the viewer. We will remove your images if you fail to comply with this. Additionally, censoring your images with black out strips (or any other option) isn't allowed, they must be linked."

In Jay's case the ribbon was sculpted on, part of the original figure. Kinda like this Sophie http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Special%20Edition%20Figures/latest/01415

"Acceptable Content

In Jay's case the ribbon was sculpted on, part of the original figure. Kinda like this Sophie http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Special%20Edition%20Figures/latest/01415

Really? that's interesting.

Or set up a blog with wordpress and just upload the image to the media area and then link away.

The forum, because its interactive, is just judged on a PG rating standard. If you don't see it in a typical Disney cartoon don't post it here, at least as far as nudity goes. (Why the suggestion of violence is ok but the suggestion of sex isn't I don't know. But I suspect its USA ratings related rather than necessarily Reaper staff opinion.)

• Like 1

Yeah, odd as it sounds, minis Reaper sculpts and sells are not always approved for showing on the forums. No idea why, may have to do with obscure US laws about what minors have access to, might have something to do with the laws of their home state of Texas.

The general US standard of nudity, as far as I can tell, is exposed female nipples/aureolae (but they are ok if covered even if their contours are perfectly visible), exposed genitalia, and any exposure of the backside cleft below the top few inches (which is sometimes shown for humorous grossout effect, as with the cliché of plumbers in low-slung jeans, but is not defined as nudity). This last may be debatable, but the first two tend to be always included.

I don't really understand that no-nudity policy, but my opinion could be quite controversial here, so I will refrain myself from expressing it ::):

• Like 1

I don't really understand that no-nudity policy, but my opinion could be quite controversial here, so I will refrain myself from expressing it ::):

I would think that it has to do with people getting on the forums while at work, near kids or other public places. The US is a surprisingly prude place when it comes to nudity and censorship.

• Like 1

For me it is not important why they have this rules. They are part of the forum, and I accept them. There is no need for me to understand them, if I can live with the rules.