Bones KS: What are you doing for bases?

JoeGKushner

I think it'll be a bit of a mixture for me, but I imagine that like Orlando I'll be happy to leave the figures that stand up okay already on their integrated bases for the most part. Otherwise it'll probably be on a case by case basis. Though I picked up some cut pieces of marble for cheap at a home supplies store. It's a little on the tall side for a base, but not too bad and keen to test it out.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on the minis and what I'm using them for, but generally fantasy will get 25mm lipped square bases that I can just cut the integral base to fit in, and sci fi will get 30mm round bases with the rounded edges like the Chronoscope minis.

But then I also want to base some for 15mm scale, like the stone golem. Or base multiple minis on one base to use for 28mm Mighty Armies. Then there's the big monsters that I have no Idea about yet...

It's going to be a long and wonderful quest.

My plan is to base them on Dragon Forge bases. They're a bit expensive (about $1 apiece), so I'm certainly not going to rebase the entire batch in one go; just a few at a time as I paint my way through the horde (this will take me years...).

Here are my first four Bones I've completed with these bases (working on 5 and 6):

http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/47417-77008-garrik-the-bold-77009-werewolf-77015-bugbear-warrior-77005-ogre-chieftain/?hl=trodax

• Like 1

On another thread I got reminded I was planning to use some metal jar lids as bases for bigger minis.

Mayonnaise, peanut butter, applesauce, wheat germ, Ovaltine, and pickles all come in jars with conveniently-sized lids.