Shogun

(SPLIT TOPIC) EFS KS Concerns

I'd be interested to know the story behind the Low Life KS, Mick and EFS seem to have disappeared from that (thankfully) quite some time ago without much info.What does he even do?

An excellent question. Just another charlatan who saw Kickstarter as a way to get a quick buck for a failing business I expect.

My hopes this would eventually fulfill faded once we went past 2 years of delay, but reached a new low when Mick said instead of paying for Jason Weibe's sculpts he was going to return them 'for now'.

Same here. Returning sculpts to sculptor instead of paying really indicates that this is just not going to work out.

Yeah, I found the returning miniatures thing to be ridiculous. He should be paying Jason for them now, not sending them back to request them again at some random later date. That doesn't make any sense at all. It tends to make me suspect that the Kickstarter funds aren't still there to pay Jason with. Which rather raises the question as to where they are, there really doesn't seem to have been enough progress on anything here to explain where the money went if it is gone.

It looks like a bunch of the sculpts for the never-quite-launched old school Chaos KS EFS was planning on doing are starting to return to their creators, and may be seeing the light of day in another project.

• Like 1

This is good because now they may see the light of day, and bad because people who live them may will have to pay twice to get their hands on them.

So three and a half years after the Dwarf Gladiators KS concluded, many of the 101 backers are still waiting for their miniatures, and all of the Midgard backers are.

Updates from Mick have become sporadic at best and follow the following formula:

Everything's delayed because I have flu, now the weather's bad, I have a tropical disease, my printer's broken, snowing again, ill again, computer broken again, snowing, ill, broken, snowing, ill, broken, snowing, ill, broken.........................and on and on

I got sent some (not all, some) of my dwarfs last year (after a lot of pestering).... I have none of my midguard.  Sigh.  Dwarfs looked cool the ones I ended up getting.  Some people might have ended up with a few (I think I popped some into the box of goodwill).

It's the complete lack of respect that he has for his backers, coupled with the ability to cripple every kickstarter he's involved with. There's something about EFS that makes me see red mist and alters my usually playful demeanor

• Like 3

It really makes me sad to see this is still going on.  I got my Dwarf Gladiators after some very vocal complaints, and I'm glad after all this that was all I backed for.

At the time, I had mostly backed because Mick was such an active member of so many gaming and miniature communities at the time.   He still is, but no one mentions all these failed projects.  It's a shame, too; not just for the people who backed and got nothing, but for all the sculpts held hostage. 

I'd really like the two Baba Yagas, and the Hill Giant, but at this point I would never buy from EFS directly, only if I saw it in stock elsewhere.

Edited by Lidless Eye