(SPLIT TOPIC) EFS KS Concerns

Shogun

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, at least Mick is very, very fast at responding, at least on the Dwarf Gladiators project. That actually kindles a small hope in me.

I am a bit concerned that a few of the minis are going back to the sculptor at this point, but I guess the situation is at least a lot better than for Low Life.

Wait... " larger models..the bears..minotaur..shadu..etc that require quite large tab"

Didn't he said he is casting the larger models himself with resin back in July? Do they need tabs? So he has not been casting those larger model since they do not have tabs (which he said he has been adding in his May update)... So basically, he got all the green now but have not done a single thing with it...

Didn't he said he is casting the larger models himself with resin back in July?

Did he say that? I don't know, much has been said over a long period of time here.

If I'm reading everything right, I think this may be where we stand today:

* The first 6 minis: Metal masters where approved in March (update #31), these have now been cast and delivered to Mick, and orders containing only these have been "trickling out" (note that the Retiarius, one of the initial five, is missing here, so even many of the small orders have not been able to be fulfilled).

* The two riders (for the bull and the shadu): They didn't fit their mounts, so the greens have been sent to Drew Williams in California who will fix them (Drew sculpted the mounts, but Alessio in Italy sculpted the riders initially). When they get back, they need to go for master casting, and then be inspected and approved before production casting can begin.

* All the other small minis: They are all at the caster for master casting now, but they need to be sent back for inspection and approval before production casting can begin.

* The large models (bears, minotaur, shadu etc): We're now waiting for slotta tabs that need to be attached to these. I presume they will then go for master casting, followed by inspection and approval, before production casting can begin.

Does this sound right? I may have missed something.

I could be completely wrong, but I seem to remember some talk of the master casts of the mounts being sent to Italy so that Alessio could sculpt the riders, or some such thing. But, as I've understood it now, none of these mounts have been cast (I think), and evidently they ended up not fitting at all, so I'm not sure what happened there.

Strange, I thought he was out of the loop on Low Life, but that was perhaps only a misunderstanding on my part.

Looking at the Low Life comments, I'm just reminded of how much seems to be lying on Jason Wiebe's sculpting table. The other day I also noticed that he seems to be at least somewhat involved in Tin Man Kickstarter:

Jason Wiebe of Reaper Miniatures renown is on board to help with the sculpting of some of the various creatures we have planned.

If I'm reading everything right, I think this may be where we stand today:

* The first 6 minis: Metal masters where approved in March (update #31), these have now been cast and delivered to Mick, and orders containing only these have been "trickling out" (note that the Retiarius, one of the initial five, is missing here, so even many of the small orders have not been able to be fulfilled).

Has anyone actually confirmed that they have received a pledge reward?

Mine was simply a random one from the original five and I have not received even that, which is why I wonder.

Mine was simply a random one from the original five and I have not received even that, which is why I wonder.

I have seen no such confirmation, no. Mick said that the small orders were "trickling out" two months ago (see my post on October 21st in this thread). However, the problem seems to be that the Retiarius, one of the original five, didn't fit into the first mold that was made with the others (the Arbiter and one other figure were in that mold instead; see update #31)

One would think that the "one random figure" pledge that you had Pingo could be handled by doing the randomization even in the absence of the Retiarius, and then sending out the reward except to those unlucky few who drew this particular figure as their random mini. I'm not sure, but my guess is this hasn't been done. Again, i have seen no one make a "I just received my mini/minis!" post.

I have seen no such confirmation, no. Mick said that the small orders were "trickling out" two months ago (see my post on October 21st in this thread). However, the problem seems to be that the Retiarius, one of the original five, didn't fit into the first mold that was made with the others (the Arbiter and one other figure were in that mold instead; see update #31)

One would think that the "one random figure" pledge that you had Pingo could be handled by doing the randomization even in the absence of the Retiarius, and then sending out the reward except to those unlucky few who drew this particular figure as their random mini. I'm not sure, but my guess is this hasn't been done. Again, i have seen no one make a "I just received my mini/minis!" post.

Sadly I think the 'trickling out' bit was just a tiny bit of an exaggeration. What he meant to say was that nothing has been sent and that this project, just like the other two EFS have been involved with, is a disaster

Ah, I see. I am not a native English speaker, and had foolishly thought that 'trickling out' meant 'they are physically being sent away from my presence in a slow, drop-like fashion'. But perhaps this is one of those metaforical things that is just beyond my ken, and a better translation would be 'I started thinking about it'. :rolleyes:

My latest annoyance in the Dwarf project are those two riders that were sent back to the sculptor to get them to fit their mounts. A month ago the sculptor had them, on November 12th he had them "fixed so I should have them returned shortly", and then just yesterday "there was a bit of a question that Drew was not sure on concerning the shadu and making a saddle for the rider". So... the way I'm reading this is that the sculptor (Drew) received the minis, modified them so they fit snugly on their mounts, and then they started discussing whether or not there should be a saddle sculpted in there. It's frustrating... communication between the different parties just seems to be so sparse and haphazard.