• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. Big robots are always great. I dont't know how to darkline, but maybe a quick black wash in the crevases of the armor plates?

I also like how you've painted a thin orange highlight along the edges of the plates. Maybe it's just the photo, but those highlights could be even brighter to pop out the plates.

Yeah line the edges of the plates with a thin line of a dark colour. With red dark brown with a touch of red in it will work well.

Depending on the colours you have available running a line of lighter red (yes red not orange) along the top edges will do a lot as well, the same highlight can be touched to the rivets to pull them up more.

• Like 1

On the subject of darklining, look at Buglips' Bones WIP request thread. He has shown a lot of blaclining (mind you it's a bit... messier, but then again, he's a bodger, so what do you expect).

You're also off to a great start (also: Welcome to Khador!). A good thought is the colors are a smidge flat. I do the same thing, red is really hard to get right.

I tend to layer mine, typically with a red-brown on my base coat, highlighting up to the red I want using smaller and smaller lines until I get the effect I want. I tend to highlight using oranges and yellows, myself, but there are others who are less fond of this technique.

I hope this helps.

/d