• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Happy New Year's Eve everyone. To end the year with a little snow, I completed this base today. I had painted the Yeti two years ago, and he was only lacking a thematic basis. This is the Bones version of 77434, Yeti Chieftain sculpted by Jason Wiebe. The artificial snow is BF4103 from Army Painter Battlefields. The icicles were made with pieces of translucent plastic and gloss Mod Podge.

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Mecha Toto, the fifth and final member of the Oz gang from Twisted by Demented Games.
      Kinda wish he'd been a bit furrier as all the armour plates came out a bit bland.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.

Bonus piccy:-

They're off to see the wizard...

• By MoonglowMinis
      Hi all.  Another entry in my winter-themed minis.  This guy was intended to serve as the BBEG in my Frostrun campaign.  Kriger was the descendant of a greedy half-giant king who's line had been cursed to undeath.  Kriger sought to lead an army of Draugr and vikings to reclaim his family throne.  This "chaos warrior" model from Bones 4 was perfect.

More Below the Spoiler:

I really like how this guy turned out.  He was one of those minis where I really pushed myself and tried some different things.  I think it shows.  Hopefully I'll get to continue his story, and return to my Frostrun game.  Maybe by then I'll have found some suitable viking-esque warriors to accompany him.

For more of my winter minis, check out my Frostrun Project HERE.
    • By MoonglowMinis
      A winter storm buried my part of the globe in snow last night so I'm filling a bit chilly.  So today's the perfect day to show off these frigid little birds from Bones 4.

More Below the Spoiler:

These were a fun little set, though they took me longer to do than I anticipated.  So much black and white really killed my motivation.  Glad they're done and decently satisfied with the results.  They make a nice addition to my winter collection.  If you want to see more of my wintery minis, check out my ongoing Frostrun Project Here

How's the weather where you live?
    • By MoonglowMinis
      Blood War - An Ongoing Painting Project
      Time to start another WIP to keep track of my growing armies of fiends.  Unlike my other two WIPs, Frostrun and Dark Tide, this one does not have a D&D campaign attached to it.  Though the project did start because of a game.  My players had been facing a threat of the barriers between worlds collapsing.  This of course lead to demons and devils spilling into their world, and eventually lead to them traveling to the lower planes.
      We had nearly wrapped up that plot point before in-person games had to be put on hold.  And though I likely have enough minis to get me through that arc, I love how the groups have been shaping up, and I'm now motivated to continue to expand the respective armies.

The Blood War
      In D&D lore, the Blood War is an endless turf war between the Devils of the Nine Hells, and the Demons of the Abyss.  There's a bunch of extra fluff in there, but most of it is kind of complicated and, in my opinion, uninteresting.  At this point all that I care about it painting up some minis to represent at least 1 of each various type of Demon and Devil.  And if I still have steam after that I can look into the neutral Yugoloths.

The Devils

Up first we have the Devils.  I' like the bases on these guys best.  I definitely prefer some of the warmer red tones better than the dark ones, and the lava bases are a nice touch to break up the red as well.  So far we have the following:

Imps - (Nolzur's)
      Hell Hounds - (44100)
      Legion Devils - (77065, 89039)

And a sneak peak of the following:
      Blue Abishai
      Chain Devils

The Demons

The demons here have a colder color palette.  I tried keeping to shades of blue, green, and purple.  I might try to brainstorm some more interesting basing options, but for now the purple earth is enough to differentiate and unite them.  So far we have the following:

Quasits - (77335 and Nolzur's)
      Bulezau - (77680)
      Barlgura - (77260)

And a sneak peak of the following:
      Chasme
      Balor

I've got a handful of Demons primed and waiting for paint as well.  This project will be ongoing, likely between other projects.  But it will be fun to see their numbers increase.
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 64 Guests (See full list)