• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well since no one else is asking - how the heck did you make that log??! It looks great!

I love the colour scheme you choose for this. The blue and brass really compliment each other.

I found a good size stick in the backyard and used a Dremel in the most safe way possible, by holding the stick in my hand while boring a hole through it. I drilled on both sides until they met and then drilled a hole in the top. Then I painted the log with some browns and greens.

Excellent work. Nice smooth trim on the clothing and the basing is very nice. The armor really has a very realistic look to it as well. One Question though; did you leave black base unpainted?

Thank you very much :) Yes, I left the black base unpainted. Do people normally paint them? They were Malifaeux? bases 50mm.

I'm a person who loves basing almost as much as painting the miniature, and you nailed this warrior and also the base. Great job! I think what really stands out to me is what a great job you did with the gold metals, a bold choice that you executed really well.

That is funny, I was telling my friend the other day that I actually like the basing part more than painting. I gotta paint just to get to the fun basing stuff! Thanks for the compliment. Bold is good.

What did you use for the ground/dirt on your base? It seems to have a more varied texture than any of the stuff I have.

Medium gravel I think, it was from Michaels in a little bag. It may have been woodland scenics, but it was very close to the Galeforce 9 medium basing grit I saw in a hobby store.

Thank you everybody. I don't have any friends who do this stuff. It is nice to know I am on the right track and others have fun looking at some of what I have worked hard to make! :)

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Krassling
      Back on my PC I can upload the final shot of the mounted knight Lucardus von Kemet. Because he is a famous character in the world of The Dark Eye, I put a sign on his base to give his name clearly to everyone. As a leader of the Undead and user of dark powers I gave him a look similiar to his underlings. He is a desperate man who wields war in the name of his demonic mistress. Painting process is in the wip forum.

• By Krassling
      This is the mounted knight Lucardus von Kemet. Back in the 90s a product of FanPro and nowadays casted by Ral Partha.
      My Kids used this model a lot, so I decided to Paint this next.

His Mount seemed to be a little small and didnt fit to a grandmaster of a Order of knights. So I Made a Base which should impose a little Hill on the battlefield.

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Tirinha Fallowheart, a Dreadmere faction mini made by Reaper.

Didn't put much effort into this one, it's a nice mini but I think mine is a bit miscast (her details are a little soft and mushy in places).

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Iridil
      Finally painted her up! Is that a wolf head, an elf head, or... your friend's head in the sack? Can't see too well in the photos, but I did add some blood...

• By MoonglowMinis
      Hello again!  I'm back with an assortment of Bones that are serving as my Rangers of Shadow Deep solo party.  Decided I wanted a classic fantasy look, but didn't want to fall into the cliched green cloak look.  With that stipulation, I settled on a more autumnal color palette, and tried to keep this aesthetic across the entire party, without anyone looking like they were wearing matching uniforms.  I'm pretty pleased with the results and I tried to push myself with each mini.  What do you think?

More Photos and Thoughts Beneath the Spoiler:

I have only played a few scenarios of Rangers of Shadow Deep, and I'm honestly not sold on the whole solo-game thing.  But if the game has done anything for me, it has given me motivation to paint more and has given purpose to some of the things I already have painted.  I already ordered some extra gnolls and ghouls to meet the required numbers and will likely be showing off some monsters soon.

Which character do you like best?

What games have motivated you to paint those piles of shame?

Feel free to share your own photos!
  • Who's Online   19 Members, 1 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)