Ok, that made me laugh so hard I had tears in my eyes. Thanks for sharing that link!

We instituted a rule in our gaming group almost twenty years ago that all miniatures had to be reasonably "what you see is what you get" with at least two colors of paint beyond primer after a friend fielded an Epic 40k Orc army that consisted of Risk pieces for infantry, Axis and Allies vehicles, and Gargants that were just overturned medicine cups with straws for arms. None of them painted. And wanted them as his permanent force not just for testing rules. Never again we said.

• Like 1

In my eyes there are two types of wargamers. Those that paint the miniatures and use wargaming as an excuse to have beautiful miniatures and those that love competitor wargaming and have bare metal or for tournaments splashed on 3 colours. And never the two should meet on the battlefield because its often a sad ending.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lee
      If you think combining Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and The Matrix into a comic book sounds pretty cool, then check out our Kickstarter campaign for Chronicles of the Immortal Swordsmen.

We're proud to be chosen as one of Kickstarter's "Projects We Love."   http://bit.ly/ciskickstarter

CIS_Video_-_Main_1_short_v4.mp4
    • By Samedi
      All theatres and event locations in Switzerland are closed again, so it's back to short-time work for me.

I figured I might as well use the extra time I now have to confront the minis that have accumulated on my shelf of shame. While I have enough unpainted minis to last me for a lifetime (or more...) there were a few I gave up on for one reason or another. Those are the ones ending up on this shelf. Having enough of their accusing stares, I'm going to tackle them, one by one. Some will be fun, some will mean I have to face my nightmares from the past, all will teach me valuable lessons.

This rules I set for myself:
      Project runs until my regular work starts again - or until the shelf is cleared (I really hope for the former...) For every two minis I finish I may pick a new one from my collection of unpainted minis (but I don't have to) I will try to post an update every other day or so, mostly to keep me motivated because a lot of this isn't necessarily fun. Those minis all ended up on the shelf for a reason.
    • By MoonglowMinis
      Every Infernal Army needs its footsoldiers.  Today I have Legion Devils, or Merregon as they are known in 5E.  There's a lot of variation in lore with these guys between editions, so it really opened up the door for interpreting them how I wished.  So here's a handful of Legion Devils.

Not the most impressive of paintjobs, but they work for filling out a horde.  I am interested in revisiting them with my more recent TMM painting technique, so maybe I'll add to their ranks soon.
      More Photos Below Spoiler:

I really like reinterpreting the creatures that exist in D&D lore.  I have all of the models, and more that I want, and it's nice finding ways to utilize the ones I didn't have a use for.  I also love seeing a group of cohesive minis coming together.  What else does my infernal army need?
    • By MusicalFeline
      So, recently me, my dad, and my grandpa*, most of whom are excellent woodworkers (with the exception of me) made a collaborative effort at making me a new shelf for my minis, as my old one was just a board nailed into the wall. A pretty piece of scrap, but scrap none the less. 
      Continuing the trend, we used only scrapwood for this shelf. Thus, no cost, except for some stain (which I stole from my dad, so uh, no cost there either).

*My grandpa is no joke Santa Claus. A bit of a potbelly, big bushy white beard, glasses, likes cookies and milk, and get this - he makes toys.

Right now it's just sitting atop a bookshelf, but I may hang it up on the wall if I'm so inclined.

Doesn't look the prettiest, but not bad for being made solely of scrapwood!

It's also now a dishonor to me, as there are waaaay too many unpainted minis on that shelf. That will soon change, however... 

Note: We did put in an extra notch, as you see at the top. The boards that are the shelves get really stuck in that one, plus it leaves no room for my big minis, so I decided to leave that one vacant.
    • By Standifer
      This is one of my armies that I use for Dragon Rampant. I call it my Mordor Army though it is not necessary accurate for Lord of the Rings.
      My rank and file troops Games workshop Uruk hai serving as my orcs. I have a lot more but I don’t you all wanted see all of them!

Next of is a pair of Reaper bones mountain trolls fulfilling the role of the heavy hitters.

And last but by no means least is a Reaper minis Murkillor the Wraithking who serves as the Whitchking of Angmar.

If I get any more troops for this army I’ll be sure to post them here, and hopefully I’ll get a chance to post pictures of my other armies here soon!
      Thankyou for looking! Comments, constructive criticism are welcome!

• Who's Online   21 Members, 0 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)