Dwarven Forge Game Tiles

Ithaqua

think this thing has so far exceeded their original plans

The pledges seem about what I was expecting, and seems like a great opportunity to grow their business. Dwarven Forge has a good track record of delivering products, so I have faith that they planned for this possibility. (I still always expect a delay though, because no one is perfect)

Edited by mvincent

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember too, even though there is the high cost of new molds, production and shipping, the company is getting an infusion of well north of 1 million dollars. I'm sure that beats any year they've previously had, ever. Granted, most of that goes to fulfilling the Kickstarter, but once the molds are bought and paid for, the profit from sales after the KS is over is gravy. That is, can go to expansion of the line.

I have confidence they are being smart about this, even if it has far exceeded their expectations.

Ooh, shame. I just thought...they should have done like Reaper and said at a certain point they would be able to bring production in-house.

But then, considering how often their other sets go out of stock, maybe they already do resin production in-house...

The painting is done in the factory in China.

Did they post that somewhere? I couldn't find any mention of it on the kickstarter page, but maybe it came up on their forums which I don't follow.
It is posted in the forums.

Ooh, shame. I just thought...they should have done like Reaper and said at a certain point they would be able to bring production in-house.

But then, considering how often their other sets go out of stock, maybe they already do resin production in-house...

Hand painting in the US in bulk is prohibitively expensive.

Edited by hmdrake

The painting is done in the factory in China.

Good to know. That is kinda a big deal for some folks.

They give any assurances about labor conditions at their business partner's factory?

EDIT: http://www.dwarvenforge.com/forum?func=view&id=50536&catid=514#50544

It's an honest question, and Yes, it's true that we make the production of the pieces in China, like most products of this sort...

...we use reputable companies and they are paid decently and work in humane conditions...

Edited by Frankthedm

Thus far, DF has said the price will likely be closer to the $65 per set backer level, but there will be no bonus pieces, etc. You will be buying the basic walls, floors, and doors. However, given the cost adjustments from just about every other KS project out there, assume the price will actually be higher and prepare your budget accordingly. If the price does not rise, then yay. If it does, you won't be caught off guard.