Dwarven Forge Game Tiles

Ithaqua

Using other companies pre-painted minis as a guide, I don't know if 'expertly painted' is a valid term to use. Is this how they have their resin sets painted?

I'd imagine the new sets will be painted exactly the same as the resin sets (indeed, many of the KS pictures are likely of resin sets). I would say Dwarven Forge are 'experts' at painting terrain, and their terrain is painted better than any other terrain I've purchased. I wouldn't really want more than this on terrain (even from the very best painters, like Blue Table or somesuch).

Edited by mvincent

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Using other companies pre-painted minis as a guide, I don't know if 'expertly painted' is a valid term to use. Is this how they have their resin sets painted?

It will be the exact same quality as other DF products, which is fantastic. If you've never seen it, check out the forums.

Two more addon packs in the upcoming stretch goals... so... ummm.... how long can a human live on water alone? Food may have to become optional for a couple paychecks... :P

• Like 1

Two more addon packs in the upcoming stretch goals... so... ummm.... how long can a human live on water alone? Food may have to become optional for a couple paychecks... :P

Where? I don't see this on the KS page? :down:

1,350,000 = Curved Stair and "Chamber of Shadows" Add on pack

1,500,000 = upgraded map making tool and "NEW Add-on Pack" no details yet.

I posted this on DF, figured I'd share my thoughts here as well.

I'd like to throw my thoughts in to the stretch goals beyond $1.1M. The current $1.35M curved stairs stretch is "awkward".

I'm in at 3 sets, so I will get 3 curved stairs. The next option up for me is 5 sets for 5 curved stairs. There's no 4 sets option available. 2 sets works fine.

Any chance this can be reconsidered for 3 and 5 sets to get 4 and 6 curved stairs respectively so we can build this properly?

example.jpg

Uneven numbers really bug me. The window wall, stairs and podiums all being 3 I can live with (I don't like it), but the curved stairs just make it awkward.

I really don't want to even out my stuff though with another add-on pack. The deal is good, but requiring an add-on pack to even out the pieces would not make me happy.

You know you could get 2 x 2 sets for a total of 4. Or 2 x 3 sets for a total of 6. That would fix the problem. Or just look at it as getting 2 of the curved stairs usable, with a spare in case you lose one. Yes it would cost a little bit more for the broken up sets, but you'd also get an extra tote bag for the extra cost.

So, a big milestone like $1.5M and the backers don't get a physical reward... hmm... that's a bit of a bummer.

There's their equivalent of the late-game PDF Reaper added. Looks like they need to slow the impetus down to try to retain some form of profit margin.

• Like 1

You know you could get 2 x 2 sets for a total of 4. Or 2 x 3 sets for a total of 6. That would fix the problem.

I'm opposed to a $45 add-on fix to do it, so an additional $175 set (or buying 2 two sets would be $240) to solve the problem is not a fix I'd be looking for.

I'm just asking for a little more consideration in the reward system, that is all. We can't buy them in even numbers, like 4 or 6 sets, so I'm hoping the creators will take a second look at these quantities.

Edited by greyhaze
  • Like 1

We can't buy them in even numbers, like 4 or 6 sets, so I'm hoping the creators will take a second look at these quantities.

Uhhh.. buying them in even number sets is exactly what my previous point was. Pledge for a 2 set reward at $120, then overbid another $120 for a total of $240 which would be 4 sets. That's $65 over a 3 set pledge, so you pay a little more for that 4th set vs the previous 3, but you are also getting a second tote bag to go with it. Of course at that point you might as well pony up the extra $20 for yet another set at the 5 level and give up that extra tote bag. If that odd number of freebies is really that frustrating to you then stick with 4. Or just drop from 3 sets down to 2. Would it have been easier if they set up 4 and 6 set pledge rewards? Sure. They didn't, and it's a little late in the game to worry about it now.

I'm not requesting them to make a 4 and 6 set pledge level, especially this late in the game. Just saying those weren't options. Perhaps, that was too far off topic a comment to make.

Key point: Without increasing my pledge, I'd like to not get an odd number of objects for something that is meant to be used in pairs.

Dropping down the pledge is an option, which probably save me from the dog house anyways. ;)

• Like 2

<rant>

I'm currently kind of annoyed by the sudden rush of small filler items we've been getting as bonus rewards. Give us another freakin' floor bonus already! They want us stacking floors for things, but if we build a decent sized dungeon, what will we be stacking? I'm buying the mosaic floors add-on, but I wish 1) the back of each large tile looked like 6 of the regular 2x2 floor tiles, and 2) they added one more to the total. I, too, wish they had paired things up better; and, I know they have a budget to stick with, but a few times I've felt a little ripped off by the sudden bonus choices--especially with the PEDESTALS. How is that a worthwhile freebie? They should be in the dungeon dressing pack, not a stretch goal.

Honestly, I toyed with the idea of bumping up to 10 sets along the way. However, DF then stopped working on doubling up the total number of basic bricks in lieu of a bunch of (what I call) minor stretch goals. Yes, they listened to their backers, but I think they took it too far and forgot about their original intentions. Pedestals and Columns are fine, but they could have been $10 and $20 add-ons. Instead, they get included as stretch goals and we only get one price for add-ons, whether or not the amount of product enclosed is worth the price. The project should have been core products as the primary and stretch goals, with all the other stuff being individual add-ons people could pick up as they choose. Instead, we get the opposite, which might ultimately affect the true potential of this KS project.

</rant>

That said, I'm not dropping my 5 set pledge and 2 add-ons (which might grow larger). I will likely purchase some of the things in the future from their website, but I really do wonder if DF may have hurt themselves with how they did run the project instead of sticking with their original plan. Unlike some from the KS comments, I *wanted* DF to stick to the original plan, and offer things like bonus rounded and slanted walls as stretch goals, etc (and they did, but that was all I was looking for). That's what I wanted. Dungeon dressing is easy and inexpensive to find. Well-made, durable modular terrain, not so much.

• Like 1