Dwarven Forge Game Tiles

Ithaqua

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the pedestals, I think they're very useful. Granted only getting 2 of them is limiting, but as raised floors or partial pillars or in conjunction with the steps = great!

More basic flooring would be nice, being able to flip over the big mosaic tiles would be grand.

x1/set of the mosaic flooring next would be stellar.

x1/set of the stairs down after that would be fantastic.

I honestly don't know how many more goals we'll see achieved though.

I've dropped down to 2 sets to keep myself from being agitated with the curved steps.

I'm in for 2: I'm not sure how much more I'd need. I mostly see myself making small maps, and if I needed more space, I would deconstruct while I'm constructing. I don't think we have a big enough gaming space to lay out a large map, and honestly how often does a party return back over the same dungeon space?

I debate going up for a 3rd, but if I really find I need it, I could get one when it's out a retail. If it's that useful, it'll be worth the price then.

The only question is which of the accessory packs to get. I'm digging the extra dungeon dressing, so I just need to decide if I want a second for the discount.

I'm in for 2: I'm not sure how much more I'd need. I mostly see myself making small maps, and if I needed more space, I would deconstruct while I'm constructing. I don't think we have a big enough gaming space to lay out a large map, and honestly how often does a party return back over the same dungeon space?

I debate going up for a 3rd, but if I really find I need it, I could get one when it's out a retail. If it's that useful, it'll be worth the price then.

The only question is which of the accessory packs to get. I'm digging the extra dungeon dressing, so I just need to decide if I want a second for the discount.

During the Kickstarter, add-ons are best purchased in pairs. It's a substantial savings over what the likely price will be once they go on sale (at least $45 each).

I made the mistake of looking at the kickstarter page again. The 2-set pledge has me twitching now. And I'd of course need the bag to transport them as well. I'll try to resist. Only a couple of more days to hold out.

I would also bet that they're running out of room in their primary shipping box. Having based all shipping fees off of a specific box size/weight there really is a finite amount of stuff they can put in there without ruining their company. I'm pretty sure nobody would want them to have to declare bankruptcy because of shipping fees. This is especially apparent *because* of the very tiny sized freebies at the end, and that the last 2 goals were addon packs. I would very much bet that if we break 1.5M (which we most likely will) any additional stretch goals will also be addons, with a small chance of them having saved a very specific amount of space for one more really cool free peice left as a final push item.

I haven't been keeping up but have they said if 4 corner stairs, 4 short stairs and a pedestal can be made into a mini pyramid?

If I'm understanding what you're asking, the central piece in the picture is a kind of pyramid, I'm sure could take out the central pedestals and have it reach a peak.

example.jpg

I'm just not sure I would need that many curved or diagonal walls. I would spring for half curved half diagonal. I'm hoping the next add-on unlocked is awesome.

As someone who has and uses a lot of DF stuff already those are probably going to be way more useful to you than you think. I was going to skip this KS because I already have more than I know how to store of the basic stuff, but I wanted the diagonal set the curved sets and the large floor pieces. The Master Maze version of those things are constantly out of stock. The narrow doors are also very useful. That said I'm really looking forward to the curved stairs.

For our group, if the room is just a rectangular one we don't bother with the DF pieces at all. We have one of the huge Chessex battle mats and a few swipes of a marker has the room done.

Wow, the chamber of sorrows set looks very fun!

And it's a KS exclusive.

AAAGH!! I hadnt even heard of the chamber of sorrows add on until you mentioned it.

Just as I had settled on the floor and dungeon dressing addons...

EDIT: hmdrake, you're not helping.

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Like 1

Wow, the chamber of sorrows set looks very fun!

And it's a KS exclusive.

AAAGH!! I hadnt even heard of the chamber of sorrows add on until you mentioned it.

Just as I had settled on the floor and dungeon dressing addons...

EDIT: hmdrake, you're not helping.

GIVE yourself to the dark side...