Dwarven Forge Game Tiles

Ithaqua

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Greyhaze: Don't offer to trade, please. The moderators made mention during another attempted trade thread for another Kickstarter project that ONLY Reaper's Bones can have a trade thread in the forums. [i don't mean to play moderator, but I don't want to see this thread shut down.]

I personally like the little additions, and I gotta admit they were what pushed me from "Nah I'll wait, I got my Hirst Arts" to "Ok, it would be nice to have a nigh indestructible set I don't have to cast myself".

For me, if I'm running a module, I like to be able to recreate what is on graph paper as close as possible to my own RL set up. There is always a little fudge room, because walls on graph paper generally tend to not have any dimensionality to them. So no matter what happens, you wont get a full 5' spot on each side of a wall and keeping the dimensions of the dungeon the same. I have found that many times the writer of the module took factored aspects of the map into how he designed the denizens and their behaviors into the dungeon. Mess with the map too much and some things might not work out quite as they should.

But I digress. Why I like the little additions of the pedestals and the stairs is because these types of things show up in old school maps all the time. (Yes, one of my tests of my own dungeon designs (and deciding how many of what piece I need to make) is to set up old 1st ed modules.)

And since I am getting the Grey sets I can paint all these things in my own paint scheme so I can use some of the bits between my DF and my HA sets interchangeably. (I am also considering changing my scheme of how I build any further dungeon pieces to match that of DF but I am unsure of that at this time. Play testing of the two sets need to be done.) :grr:

So for me, I love the little bits, and the dungeon dressing and the other funky cool add zest to the dungeon pieces. :upside:

Edited by Thes Hunter
  • Like 2

I think I dislike you guys...I am in for $400 and haven't gamed in a dungeon for about 25 years. Lol :D

I may need to find some local nerds to get into a dungeon crawl game.

Edited by KruleBear