Dwarven Forge Game Tiles

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite tempting. Got one group member backing this, I have some Hirst arts molds getting ready, but I am still tempted by this to get a 5 pack of my own . The durability is making it very hard to resist, to say nothing of the time it will take to cast the equivalent in Hirst blocks, and of course selling / gifting by the KS set should be easy enough.

Only thing saving my wallet is the wait till October and that the blocks are rectangular blocks, which gives me grade school flashbacks.

Yeah. I backed out for the second time. Money's fairly tight and there are too many other Kickstarters and other projects vying for my wallet's attention. The October delivery date decided me as well. I'm hoping to get off my backside and have my Hirst dungeon made by then.

Nah I am quite out. I am going to stick to Hirstarts. I dont like the fact that Stefan says the price will probably be double after the KS, the international shipping is ridiculous and I don't want to get locked in a product that will get a lot more expensive to keep up with.

I dont like the fact that Stefan says the price will probably be double after the KS, the international shipping is ridiculous and I don't want to get locked in a product that will get a lot more expensive to keep up with.

I don't think he's said it will be double has he? That would put the pieces more expensive than resin which would defeat the purpose of building them in dwarvenite.

I think it's far more likely that the basic sets will sell at or just above the Kickstarter price ($65 per set) but you will have to pay shipping and you won't get the stretch goals. So maybe $70-$70 per set plus $20 shipping and no stretch goals. (Of course for international people, they're paying shipping anyway...)

The beauty of this project is the value you're getting through stretch goals. The hobby price will probably go up, which is why you need to get what you want NOW rather than later.

Like many of you, I haven't played a RPG in 20 years. But I'm in for $700 and hoping my son will grow up and want to play with me. :)

Edited by LoopyChickenfanny
  • Like 1

Found out about this 3 days ago. Just went in for 5 unpainted and two Dungeon Dressing. I was thinking of adding the floor, but can easily enough make a floor patch from wood, should I find I need it a lot.

I also figure that this will make for an interesting Warlord set-up.

Andy

Edited by TaleSpinner

He really said it could be up to two times the price and that you should get in now and get all of it you would need for a lifetime, because of that. He mentioned it in the kickstarter comments.

Interesting. I'd like to see your source on that if you know where it is. I don't see how that's possible given 2x cost = more than the cost of doing the pieces in resin which defeats the purpose of the KS. This KS serves two main purposes: Lower their cost and lower the consumers cost. They save money because dwarvenite is cheaper for them to produce than resin, and (likewise) this reduces the cost to consumers. I think if you heard that somewhere, it was probably off the cuff conjecture from Stefen, since the last thing they want to do is make their products even more expensive than they are now.

Maybe though... all the more reason to buy what you need now, I guess. :)

Two times KS prices = $130 a set, which is approximately $30 more than a set will run you in resin right now. Given their primary goal of reducing costs to buy their product, this doesn't fly. Dwarvanite also weighs less. Come October, when these pieces are available via retail, pricing should be less expensive than their resin models both for cost to produce, buy, and ship.

Edited by LoopyChickenfanny

How much cheaper is a Dwarvenite Set right now than a standard resin set?

I don't really know off hand what sets are comparable. I've looked at their site and it seems like a resin set is about $150 - $200 iirc, but their product link appears to be broken right now. So about a $30 - $80 difference?

Found a catacombs x47 piece set for $150 on their site. http://www.dwarvenforge.com/sitenews/item/9-catacombs-set

Edited by greyhaze

He really said it could be up to two times the price and that you should get in now and get all of it you would need for a lifetime, because of that. He mentioned it in the kickstarter comments.

Interesting. I'd like to see your source on that if you know where it is. I don't see how that's possible given 2x cost = more than the cost of doing the pieces in resin which defeats the purpose of the KS. This KS serves two main purposes: Lower their cost and lower the consumers cost. They save money because dwarvenite is cheaper for them to produce than resin, and (likewise) this reduces the cost to consumers. I think if you heard that somewhere, it was probably off the cuff conjecture from Stefen, since the last thing they want to do is make their products even more expensive than they are now.

Maybe though... all the more reason to buy what you need now, I guess. :)

Two times KS prices = $130 a set, which is approximately $30 more than a set will run you in resin right now. Given their primary goal of reducing costs to buy their product, this doesn't fly. Dwarvanite also weighs less. Come October, when these pieces are available via retail, pricing should be less expensive than their resin models both for cost to produce, buy, and ship.

I am sorry but 15K comments :S