Dwarven Forge Game Tiles

If you think Dwarven Forge is addictive like Lego, stay the heck away from Hirst Arts.

Until I have my garage back, I do not have the room. (And I'll keep telling myself that over and over.)
Aw, c'mon...you can make room, you know you can. Go for it!

:devil:

Our house was overrun with mold so we are in a tiny rental with a bunch of furnishings stored in the garage. Once the real house is destroyed and replaced, I don't think I could store a bag of rice in there even if I opened it and shook it out.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww man, sorry about the mold infestation. That's awful. Was there flooding or an unknown leak?

The house was built in the 1870s and had a roof leak that was repaired about five years before we bought it. The house inspectors did not find it, but I did when I tore down a wall to replace the wiring and insulation. Once the wall was opened, it spread very fast. We are still trying to get insurance to pay for it.

Back on topic, I wonder how the half walls would work as narrow bridges over bottomless crevasses?

He really said it could be up to two times the price and that you should get in now and get all of it you would need for a lifetime, because of that. He mentioned it in the kickstarter comments.

Ok, just to be clear, I found what you were referring to. Stefan said this:

"after this campaign when we are only ordering small amounts the cost may actually become double for us! So order now if you can..."

Note that he is referring to *their* cost not the end users. Even at that point, dwarvenite is still cheaper than resin and thus the cost per set should be at (or most likely) lower than their resin lines. So as a consumer, you should not be expecting to pay more than what they currently charge for resin. It should still be cheaper (probably a good 20-30% cheaper) otherwise it's all for naught.

Having said that, you'll still miss out on free domestic shipping and all the crazy stretch goals if you do wait for the less expensive line to come out in October.

Even if their prices don't come down, the dwarvenite would still be a positive for them as it's a lot less labour intensive than resin, so they have the potential to replace high yield per item with lower yield on more items shipped if they chose to (altho0ugh overall lower prices seems likely anyway)

well, I am in for at least $100 the guy who actually holds the credit card is in for, I think he said $200, and our GM might be in for around the same. We;re going to be a bunch of dungeon crawling fools before long.

I passed my will save. I know it is an awesome deal, but I don't want to have to haul the stuff to games and spend time setting it up, etc. We only get about 3 hours once a week for a game, so this just isn't practical for me. Booyah!

Dan, I'll be adding Velcro tape to attach the tiles to Masonite boards cut to 1 foot by 1 foot to make setup easier. Fuzzy side on the tiles, hooks on the Velcro. And a bit of Blue-Tac to keep the interior stuff in place. That way I can reveal each room as it is entered.

If you think Dwarven Forge is addictive like Lego, stay the heck away from Hirst Arts.

Until I have my garage back, I do not have the room. (And I'll keep telling myself that over and over.)

TEASER! I sent Niranth a few HA blocks to start his addiction....

Yes.... they look really cool... I'm still trying to decide if I'd actually make it.... but... they do look really cool... my only problem is I'd want to do a big order of the molds as its $24 shipping (to Australia) from 1-5 molds...

Arghh, Bonwirn!! Every year I make the saving throw every time I walk by the Hirst Arts booth at Gen Con. (Sometimes I walk by just to make the throw again, hoping it will fai,l too.) My youngest son and I have been looking at the articles and forums on the site as well. I do not think I'll be able to make the throw this summer. (I've been putting money back just for this and my older son has moved out, so I may be able to get some inside room, either for hobbies or storage.). And I'm told there may be movement on the insurance front as well.

The first taste is free, kid... muahaha!!! :devil:

I hate it when real life interferes with my fantasy one.

Due to some unforeseen and unexpected financial issues that came up today, I've had to back out of both this and the East Asian Village kickstarter.

It.Sucks.

Only good news today, is that I have a large heavy shipping envelope from Bombshell Babes waiting for me to open. So yay for that!