Dwarven Forge Game Tiles

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife and I supported this great Kickstarter. Two sets, plus two add-on sets. Postage for all of that is going to cost us around $110.

Well worth it though.

2 sets and 6 addon sets (curve, angle, windows, floors, 2xdecor). I like the variety the addons give me more then just being able to cover my table more effectively. :) Also I have a bunch of the HeroClix dungeons pieces if I really get desperate for more generic dungeon space...

Edited by Serpine

Science Fiction tiles would be a no brainer for me :)

Oh if they ever followed this up with their sci-fi tile line in the same material... My wallet might never recover.

Science Fiction tiles would be a no brainer for me :)

Oh if they ever followed this up with their sci-fi tile line in the same material... My wallet might never recover.

I am a D&D player (son in law's campaign) but I referee Traveller (classic) so someone please take my money for SF tiles like the Dwarven Forge Game Tiles!

Wouldn't a tile set up for a sci fi game wreck the whole point of sci fi weapons? IE the nice long ranges and explosives with big juicy blast radii? In my line of thinking a set of 10mm to 15mm minis and some vehicles are more useful to sci fi games than a set of futuristic 28mm dungeon tiles. Cyber arms and Lazer sword's do massive damage, but that is supposed to be balanced out by having to somehow survive making it to melee most of the time. Too much reliance on a tile set up like this in sci fi will unduly reward characters too heavily focused on melee in a sci fi game. Unless of course the player's minis have to travel through 2 real life rooms to get to the building on the plateau {table].

Edited by scorpio616

Wouldn't a tile set up for a sci fi game wreck the whole point of sci fi weapons? IE the nice long ranges and explosives with big juicy blast radii?

It really depends on the type of scenario you are dealing with: If all or part of an adventure takes place inside spaceships or high-tech bases you are not going to be dealing with extreme energy weapon ranges or explosive shells that could crack the outer shell of the vessel you are inside. So basically we are talking Space Hulk here, not 40k. Also smaller groups of tiles could be set up to represent bunkers or barricades even in a more open zone...

Glad to see so many people got involved in this. I couldn't keep my eyes off of it, but in the end with 42 minutes remaining I pored over the entire KS again and did my math on the add-ons and base sets and really I think it was the slight disappointment in the add-on value that allowed me to make my save roll on this one. The value was very good with the base sets, and I thought about going 2-3-5 base sets and 2 add-ons, it would have been dungeon dressing and chamber of shadows or grand stair pack. I didn't want to go painted because I didn't feel the value was nearly as strong and honestly wasn't a huge fan of their painting scheme for the multi-colored stone. I liked the Chamber of Shadows paint scheme, but when I stacked up what I got for CoS vs adding another set, I couldn't pull the trigger. Same with dungeon dressing- it looks great, but only 1 of most pieces is what kept me from getting that, while I thought there were just too many duplicates in the grand staircase add-on. I didn't see any value in the other add-ons compared to the value of a base set. But really that's an effect of the base sets having so much value when you look at what they started off with the add-ons look very attractive, when you include all the freebies the base set value was unbelievable.

In the end I would've been in on this, but I am a bit too impatient to wait for the fulfillment on this one. I think everyone involved got a very good deal especially on the unpainted base sets. I will end up going a different direction though mostly because I am trying to get my girlfriend into the miniature hobby and her greatest interest is in building the infrastructure with buildings and terrain and all that. She probably wouldn't have as much fun with pre-assembled stuff.

For those of you who are looking for cheap options for accessories I highly recommend checking out the Itar's workshop kickstarter or Naloomi's (Nalsworkshop) for single casts of certain Hirst Art molds that would go great with your awesome new Dwarven Forge Sets. You would most likely be interested in the "Accessories" molds for $2 you get hydrostone or $3 stronger merlins magic material. their is also certain sets of pre-assembled accessories. I think it's safe to point out these as a enhancement option since everyone's locked in their pledges already lol.

Congrats to everyone who got in to DF!

Slightly oddly three painted sets come out cheaper than two painted plus one unpainted, so have some changes to make.

Moot now but keep in mind you only get stretch goals on reward levels of 2+ sets. So if you order 2 sets plus 1 set, you're only going to get stretch goals for the first 2 sets.

If you order 3 sets though (not the same as 2 sets + 1 set), you'll get stretch goals for all 3 sets.

Is anyone else considering modding the peices with magnets in the base so they can use a gridded metal surface (most likely a white board or similar) as a play surface and easily secure the peices to 'em for use?

Because I am >.>

Modding with magnets was discussed a lot during the campaign. Some people said they're going to try it. Stefan said he has never had an issue with the tiles moving if you just lay down some felt first... so that's what I'm going to do.

Huzzah for all who contributed. Kickstarter makes me feel like a venture capitalist. What's the next big one?

My next big money drain is looking to be the 3rd CSM one which just opened: Need some crazy monsters to populate all these crazy dungeon tiles...

Can someone elaborate on this please? I"m not familiar with what CSM is.

Edited by LoopyChickenfanny

Wouldn't a tile set up for a sci fi game wreck the whole point of sci fi weapons? IE the nice long ranges and explosives with big juicy blast radii? In my line of thinking a set of 10mm to 15mm minis and some vehicles are more useful to sci fi games than a set of futuristic 28mm dungeon tiles. Cyber arms and Lazer sword's do massive damage, but that is supposed to be balanced out by having to somehow survive making it to melee most of the time. Too much reliance on a tile set up like this in sci fi will unduly reward characters too heavily focused on melee in a sci fi game. Unless of course the player's minis have to travel through 2 real life rooms to get to the building on the plateau {table].

The last few firefights my player group have found themselves in were in starships and a space station. ACR and laser rifles were less than effective. However gauss SMG's, gauss pistols and auto pistols saved the groups hides.

So yes, an SF version of the Dwarven Forge game tiles would be handy in these scenarios.