Dwarven Forge Game Tiles

Ithaqua

So this morning FedEx said my two boxes were still in CA. Got home and one is setting on the porch. Now FedEx link says one was delivered and the other is stillin CA. Hopefully the other gets teleported to my porch in IL tomorrow as these are WAY TOO COOL even without paint.

Very happy to have supported this one.

Edit: second box arrived today and am getting giddy...well back to baby sitting duty.

Edited by KruleBear

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My DF package arrived yesterday - three sets, and two of the Dungeon Dressings add-on. I kinda wish I'd gone for more sets (or more add-ons), but at the time, that was all I could swing.

Still, it's enough to allow me to build a dungeon that will cover about one 2'x4' section of my gaming table*, which ain't too shabby -

tumblr_mv3o99sWQd1rlw742o6_250.jpg

So between that, some Dungeonstone I got earlier this year, and the proceeds from the Itar's Workshop, Warriors of Darkmyre (Yay traps!) and Mythical Lairs kickstarters, I should have enough to put together a pretty decent dungeon by the end of the year.

*my gaming table is actually 3 2'x4' folding tables strapped together and covered with green felt. Easier to bust down for moving/storage, adjustable for height, and a heck of a lot cheaper, as much as I might want one of those amazing bespoke gaming tables from Geek Chic...

• Like 2

Just got my shipment in New Zealand without any shipping notification outside the generic 'Shipping is starting' on the Kickstarter.

Very impressed with the durability: somewhat regretting that I didn't get it painted. I expected the base color to be grey, and it's actually a dark brown.

Still, spray it grey, do a fast wash and it should suffice nicely : )

I expected the base color to be grey, and it's actually a dark brown.

I was also a little surprised by how dark the pieces are in person. No matter really, as they'll paint up just as well.

Yeah, I was a little surprised by that as well. I mean, You can definitely see the difference between the Dungeonforge pieces I had already painted up (which were possibly a little light), and the Dwarven Forge stuff -

tumblr_mv6ghi90IQ1rlw742o1_500.jpg

(click for larger).

• Like 1

If anyone cares, or wants to follow along, I have an ongoing thread at DF about these here.

And I am currently painting them in my WIP forum thread with the DF stuff starting here.

They are pretty much identical threads, but I kept more "painting related" things like the paint itself and the brushes in the Reaper forum.

• Like 2

My tiles arrived on the 17th (my birthday). Joy. Missing two diagonal walls from the expansion, and another is warped but otherwise everthing is great. I start running my game again next weekend and now I can build immense, table-sized dungeons. They fit okay with the origianl sets from DF, but I am thinking about repainting the old ones to better match the Dwarvenite.

Who would have thought we would be gaiming with PVC minis on recycled tire terrain?

I didn't buy any of the Pokorny paints from DF since I was broke and I already have a ton of paint from Reaper and Vallejo. I really like the way those four colors look on the pieces though. Does anyone know what the equivalent colors for the Base Grey, Earth Stone, Olive Dry Brush, and Stone Edge Dry Brush are in Reaper and/or Vallejo?

Edited by Evermore414
  • Like 1

They have stated that both Reaper and Vallejo remain tacky without first priming the dwarvenite. So I will be testing out my usual house paint, and if that doesn't work, I will be getting some of the cheap artist paints that they list as not having the tacky problem.

And don't tell Buglips this... but I use my old Ral Partha for terrain paints. :blink:

• Like 1

They have stated that both Reaper and Vallejo remain tacky without first priming the dwarvenite. So I will be testing out my usual house paint, and if that doesn't work, I will be getting some of the cheap artist paints that they list as not having the tacky problem.

And don't tell Buglips this... but I use my old Ral Partha for terrain paints. :blink:

Actually, They said they are fine unprimed or primed with Army Painter Spray, that they are tacking primed with Citadel and P3. From the chart a lot of paints go tacky with those two.

• Like 2