Dwarven Forge Game Tiles

Ithaqua

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest it looks like the labyrinths KS is a bunch of Hirst arts molds made into some modular terrain.  As I have never messed with hirst arts (yet)  I can't say how good it is but if you're using it to game with it will work if you want some caverns I would suggest waiting until the next dwarven forge KS in about a month or so!

How does the kickstarter price match up with the price on the website now? You're looking at $150 for 3 unpainted sets which really isn't a lot or terrain, that's a small dungeon. How many sets would it take to make a "Against the Giants" map???

The $150 for 3 unpainted sets is the same price as the KS add-ons. IIRC, The basic sets are the "same" price as KS without the stretch goals.

Each tile is about 10x10, and, for the basic tiles, ended up $1 per tile if you included the stretch goals.

DF tiles aren't cheap in the same way that a GW army isn't cheap.

How does the kickstarter price match up with the price on the website now? You're looking at $150 for 3 unpainted sets which really isn't a lot or terrain, that's a small dungeon. How many sets would it take to make a "Against the Giants" map???

The $150 for 3 unpainted sets is the same price as the KS add-ons. IIRC, The basic sets are the "same" price as KS without the stretch goals.

Each tile is about 10x10, and, for the basic tiles, ended up $1 per tile if you included the stretch goals.

DF tiles aren't cheap in the same way that a GW army isn't cheap.

GT are much more affordable than their master maze line considering 150 gets you 3 sets of GT where as 150 would only get you 1 master maze room and passage set.  Not to mention you can do a good bit with 3 sets nothing HUGE mind you but you can at least build the room you are in.  For what you get 50 dollars per set really isn't bad to say you are able to make a 3d version of your dungeon.  I can't imagine it getting much cheaper.  I can't wait for their next caverns KS!

Over at DF on the forums Stefan said

"We are still working on the pieces...there are SO many....but maybe in a week or so I will be able to post some pics of resin prototypes...all will be revealed soon....we are almost there.."

When I was looking for some more teasers pics of the Dwarvenite Caverns.

I'm shooting for 3, MAYBE 5 sets...and please please please don't announce it over the weekend of Feb 20th when I'm outta town...lol

Announcing it is not the real problem closing is when you do not want to be out of town.

I am worried I will have to take a business trip where I will not have Internet access at closing.

Given the information we have, Feb or March, and assuming a run time if a month, means basically that end time isn't my concern, it was intended as a light hearted comment of wanting to be one of the first to jump on supporting it

Edited for typos

Edited by NomadZeke
  • Like 1