CAV: SO and New Figures

CAVBOSS

• Reaper User

I know some people have been put off with the delays and Ive done my best to try and explain why and what for within the confines of what I could say. As this project moved along several things at Reaper changed and with them the plans for the future of CAV. Ive promised the wait would be worth it and today I can start talking about one of those.
As many of you know from the fantasy side of things, Reaper has begun producing many of our minis in plastic, both plain and as pre-painted. It was decided that we would do the same with CAV figures to get the price down to a place more people could enjoy the figures. Im happy to say that the first figures are here (or at least the "proofs" made from the actual molds... these tend to be quick shot out of whatever plastic they have around and cold molds, but they get the point across).

This week Reaper is at the GAMA trade show and previewed the first eight figures. The plan is to go back and redo older figures and mix in with new releases as the line is updated. There is talk of some pre-painted ones down the pipe as well. So without further ado I want to introduce the CAV: SO plastic figures...

CAV1.jpgCAV2.jpgCAV3.jpgCAV4.jpg

CAV5.jpgCAV6.jpg

CAV7.jpgCAV8.jpg

• Like 4

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reaper User

-- When I have actual production pieces I will. These are really rough as they are just proofs. I will have "finals" at ReaperCon that I will be giving some away here and there when the mood hits me. :-)

Those are not half bad but can we get some that are washed as right now a lot of the detail is not visible.

• Reaper User

This is all kinds of sweet. Do they have any ballpark what they will retail for yet?

-- No prices yet but I think people will be happy with where we are looking at being.

What kinda plastic are they gonna be in?

-- Same plastic as the fantasy bones figures. No primer required. Whats nice is everything is "pegged" and fits tight so that you can leave the parts unglued and move around as you want.

• Like 1

I've been following the release of CAV:SO with excitement. Only recently became aware of previous CAV versions (found Sgt. Crunch's blog). I was busy pursuing other interests at the time of previous versions, as I was in college (so old now...). Looking at this or some 6mm (or both as wallet permits).

Please hurry.

Kazimierz

• Like 1

I saw the material change and the standardized sockets coming from a long way off. There are lots of cool 15mm mechs in plastics, so I'm guessing if Reaper can release a fantastic ruleset with customizing your own mechs, it will bring CAV into the 21st century.

Edited by joshuaslater