Corporea's Desk of Progress

Jay Applauds Corporea for reaching to the stars once again.

Not only do I learn something from your projects,

they also make me feel good and smile !

Nothing like a beautiful, well executed miniature to make one glad they witnessed

its creation !

• Like 3
  • Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are so talented =P Siri aspires to be as great as Corporea one day

As do we all, Siri. As do we all. And not just in painting!

so true. She gives awesome hugs, and makes you happy to know her. That and she brings pie :wub:

• Like 7

You are so talented =P Siri aspires to be as great as Corporea one day

Jay Applauds Corporea for reaching to the stars once again.

Not only do I learn something from your projects,

they also make me feel good and smile !

Nothing like a beautiful, well executed miniature to make one glad they witnessed

its creation !

Apparently Corporea's talents make others talk about themselves in the third person?  :rock:

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 6

Corporea thinks all of you are awesome, make her smile and remember that painting is a fun spectator sport!  Alas, Corporea got distracted today and did not paint.  Shame on Corporea.  No cookie. :down:

• Like 16

ROFL at the "third person" comment.

I'm thankful that I can even write English after 11 days in Norway.

and all these Pie, and Cookie comments are making me jealous, and wanting goodies !

Keep up the great work Corporea (and give Cash a cookie please).

• Like 7

Talae concurs with Corporea's challenging creations creating celebration.

Talae does not know why the alliteration happened, but thinks it might be something caused by Corporea as well. 

• Like 5

Well, I didn't get a cookie, but that's ok.  I had a milkshake instead.  Had a difficult week at work last week, but have recuperated now.  Back to the fun!  I've made some progress with red.  Red is problematic because if you add white it turns pink.  I have also discovered it turns pink with flesh as well, but I think I can fix it with some glazes.  So, the flesh tones are a work in progress.  Now, I've been playing with highlighting using orange and ocher, because I'd rather go orange than pink.

red1_zpse1674e76.jpgred2_zpsede5bce4.jpg

I went to a fun painting day in Athens with Bonwrin and DispatchDave and this was what I got done.  The face is spattered crimson, fire red and fair skin.

Then I decided to try to document the steps on the hood which I worked on yesterday.

red3_zps246a0b54.jpgred5_zps99586198.jpg

Here I've used spattered crimson for the shadows and basecoat, then fire red on top.  Several layers of fire red to get a nice thick smooth red.

red6_zpseb4924b0.jpgred7_zpsefe1ef47.jpg

Then I added lava orange, also in about 2 layers and finished with saffron sunset.  I also went back with some mahogany brown for the shadows, but I may mix in a bit of walnut brown later to make them darker.  Or I may go the carnival purple route.  I'll let you know.

red8_zps6649e7da.jpg

So that's kindof what it's looking like now.  I'll probably go back and darken my shadows, and I may even lighten up the highlights and glaze back over them with a clear red to make them really glow.  Right now I'm trying to work out a few different reds to really sell the "red" color scheme.  Any help anyone has would of course be super awesome!!!

• Like 19

2001 Space Odyssey post!  Ochers like saffron and vallejo's yellow ocher are amazing.  And they're not too bright or intense.  They really work for shading yellow, orange and red in a color scheme.  Yay ocher!  The ever-neglected yet oh so useful color! :poke:

• Like 5