March Kickstarter Update?

unidentifiable

Hi Guys,

I'm a Canadian backer of the Kickstarter, but I haven't heard anything from Reaper regarding shipping since the February 28th "Project Update #85" when it was announced that they were "still on track to ship by late March".

I'm not sure how late it needs to be in March before "late March" arrives, but it's the 25th and I haven't received any further official updates. A quick surf through the forums hasn't turned up any recent news either, but I've seen scattered posts with nothing but rumor.

I'm interested in getting some solid clarification on how minis will be shipped, especially to Canada. I've seen rumors that Reaper will not be shipping directly, but rather through RAFM (way over in Brampton, which means my minis take the longest route possible to my doorstep :wacko:), and if this is the case, whom do I contact regarding shipping information? What happens if my shipment is lost (is RAFM responsible or Reaper?) Will I be receiveing a shipment from USPS, Canada Post, UPS, FedEx, Purolator, Someone Else? Who is your shipping provider? Is it true that Canadians will be shipped to last? Will we receive tracking numbers? Will we receive our complete order or just the Vampire minis?

I don't mean to sound cranky, as I'm sure the Reaper guys are buried in trying to sort through everything last minute, but there's been a profound lack of "How" and "When" for something that is supposed to start shipping in the next 4 days.

...As I type this I've found a post from March 21st on the Paizo forums from Bryan stating that shipping will start "soon" but will take 3-5 weeks to roll out: http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2oyau&page=7?Have-you-locked-in-your-Reaper-Kickstarter-order#324. Would still like an update on my other questions.

Thanks.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a post in the Reaper´s Facebook saying that they will be shipping this week.

Reaper Miniatures Our estimated ship date was March of 2013. We will begin shipping next week, which is March of 2013... who's late?

About the Canadians Questions I will leave them for ReaperBryan (company´s voice) or Buglips (most famous canadian goblin).

Edited by naponatom

Hi Guys,

I'm a Canadian backer of the Kickstarter, but I haven't heard anything from Reaper regarding shipping since the February 28th "Project Update #85" when it was announced that they were "still on track to ship by late March".

I'm not sure how late it needs to be in March before "late March" arrives, but it's the 25th and I haven't received any further official updates. A quick surf through the forums hasn't turned up any recent news either, but I've seen scattered posts with nothing but rumor.

I'm interested in getting some solid clarification on how minis will be shipped, especially to Canada. I've seen rumors that Reaper will not be shipping directly, but rather through RAFM (way over in Brampton, which means my minis take the longest route possible to my doorstep :wacko:), and if this is the case, whom do I contact regarding shipping information? What happens if my shipment is lost (is RAFM responsible or Reaper?) Will I be receiveing a shipment from USPS, Canada Post, UPS, FedEx, Purolator, Someone Else? Who is your shipping provider? Is it true that Canadians will be shipped to last? Will we receive tracking numbers? Will we receive our complete order or just the Vampire minis?

I don't mean to sound cranky, as I'm sure the Reaper guys are buried in trying to sort through everything last minute, but there's been a profound lack of "How" and "When" for something that is supposed to start shipping in the next 4 days.

...As I type this I've found a post from March 21st on the Paizo forums from Bryan stating that shipping will start "soon" but will take 3-5 weeks to roll out: http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2oyau&page=7?Have-you-locked-in-your-Reaper-Kickstarter-order#324. Would still like an update on my other questions.

Thanks.

reaper will answer you soon

I'd think this would be worthy of a full Facebook post rather than in a comment about another Kickstarter project. But I'm still doing the happy dance!

There is a post in the Reaper´s Facebook saying that they will be shipping this week.

Reaper Miniatures Our estimated ship date was March of 2013. We will begin shipping next week, which is March of 2013... who's late?

19 de março às 20:18 · Curtir · 16

About the Canadians Questions I will leave them for ReaperBryan (company´s voice) or Buglips (most famous canadian goblin).

Sorry about that. I sometimes can't keep track of which forums I've posted what to. We're in the middle of trying to get the first shipments sorted - I know that everybody thinks it's just a matter of getting a box and doing it, but trust me, there's a lot we still have going on.

We're going to be starting shipments in a day or two. We will be shipping complete orders - The shipment you receive should complete the balance of any remaining items due on your pledge, as determined by the RPM survey which you filled out.

Canadian shipments in particular will be packed out here: items associated with your order and boxed. They will then placed on a pallet and freighted to Canada, where they will be unpalletized, and sorted into Canadian Post. I do not know whether Canadian Post offers tracking, but if they do, we will use it.

Canadians will NOT be shipped last. We are going to make things easy on our freight provider by dividing shipments by country of destination, but will not be pushing anybody specifically to the end to do it. What this means is that Day one, we will work domestic US orders, to be sure the kink are worked out of our shipping setup and software, etc. Day 2 we will process Canadian Orders. Day 3 we will do Other International, Day 4 Domestic again, etc. The cycle will repeat until complete. Each day our freight provider will pick up the days' completed orders and from there, you will receive as much tracking information as we can provide. Note that Canadian shipments are not going directly to you, but rather to our agent to be resorted, so we will only be able to track the bulk shipment until the single shipments are parsed.

If there is a problem with your order, contact us. [email protected]

If we determine the problem to be our agent, we will deal with them ourselves, as this is our responsibility to you.

Beyond that, the further into this we are, the more I think it will take much longer than the original estimates of a few (2-3) weeks. To help each backer understand where they are in the process, when your order is shipped, you will receive an e-mail notifying you that we have completed your order. Backers shipped via UPS will receive a tracking number from UPS when UPS picks up their shipment. I am not aware right now whether Canadian Post sends out e-mails when you apply postage, I know our software here does, but that doesn't help.

An Update will be posted when we begin fulfillment. Right now, We're still making sure that the process is going to be efficient and error-free, and we're hesitant to make too much noise until we are sure.

I hope you can appreciate that.

Should changes need to be made to any of the process I have outlined above, we will do our best to make relevant changes clear. It is possible that we determine that the process above might have a flaw or two we won't see until we're a little further along, although at this time we do not anticipate any changes that would be visible to the general public.

No problemo Bryan,

I suspect we may have more fun waiting for shipping info (with all the frustration that involve) than you will trying to stay on top of all the shipping complexity

(and I hope for all the Canadian backers that their customs plays nice with the shipment to RAFM this time :;): )

Thanks for all of that info Bryan! I wish you and the packing tram the best of luck, remember to take breaks and keep hydrated!

(We don't want any of you passing out and slowing down the process.)

Edited by Cassu