March Kickstarter Update?

unidentifiable

Depends on the method, most stuff I send has none (also no insurance, but insurance costs more than replacing the item).

In any case, if RAFM were to provide a notice (I don't know if they're set up for this for KS fulfillment, but they usually do it for orders) then you should get it within about 5 business days unless you're in the far north and it has to come via sled or vintage WW2-era airplane.

This is also dependent on shipping method, but that's been my average and I've gotten some pretty big orders from them. I'm way out east, practically kissing Ireland, so I think that's a decent guess for transit time.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what the funny thing about Living in Winnipeg is? Things I get shipped to me, come through Winnipeg, and go OTHER places, before coming back. I've seen it time and time again with places that offer stop-by-stop tracking. "Arriving - Winnipeg intake" "Departing - Winnipeg" "Arriving - Some place in the States or Ontario" then it comes back to Winnipeg.

Doubt the same thing will apply in this case, unless their Fright goes directly from Texas to Winnipeg, then over to Ontario. Still.

Like Dan above me, I ordered too much stuff for my order to be in the first several batches (Vampire + ~20 add-ons). I'm just glad they're doing the shipping in a very fair way!

As mentioned by myself in another topic, and others in this topic, Canada Post does provide tracking options depending on shipping method. As long as RAFM provides us with the tracking number, everything should be gravy!

On the other side of the question Reaperbryan, Do you guys need any assistance sorting or packing boxes I could bring a gaming group and we can help sort. We would be willing to do it just for the honor of having worked on the Bones team (oh and possibly picking ours up while we are there to save you guys the shipping costs).

Sorry about that. I sometimes can't keep track of which forums I've posted what to. We're in the middle of trying to get the first shipments sorted - I know that everybody thinks it's just a matter of getting a box and doing it, but trust me, there's a lot we still have going on.

<Snip>

I hope you can appreciate that.

Cheers Bryan!

I can certainly appreciate what you guys are up to; shipping thousands of orders across the US, and internationally is an exercise in paperwork (and double, triple checking).

Thanks for your prompt and succinct reply.

First of all, super happy that I'll be getting an email confirming that the order's shipped.

Just wondering about the rotating country shipping days though. With only 20% of pledges being from outside the US, does that mean that once you have no more RoW orders you'll be alternating between Canadian and US, then once Canadians are done then you'll just be doing US every day?

Basically, is there a chance I end up getting my Bones before a US backer with a similarly (or even less) complicated order?

Edited by Dai-Mongar

I'm a couple hundred km from RAFM, so I like my chances in the Great Canadian Bones Race. Of course I have a lot of add ons so if there are a lot of Canadian bound pallets I could still wind up down the list. I'm not worried about a tracking number, I know that is why so many American companies use UPS to ship to Canada, but Canada Post is quite reliable.

First of all, super happy that I'll be getting an email confirming that the order's shipped.

Just wondering about the rotating country shipping days though. With only 20% of pledges being from outside the US, does that mean that once you have no more RoW orders you'll be alternating between Canadian and US, then once Canadians are done then you'll just be doing US every day?

Basically, is there a chance I end up getting my Bones before a US backer with a similarly (or even less) complicated order?

Quite probably, Dai-Mongar. But it will simplify the process, so there is much less of a chance of errors. Having an American order go onto the truck with the Canadian ones would be a logistical nightmare. Or any of the other permutations. :^P And in the end, there will not be that much of a difference in time.

Sorry about that. I sometimes can't keep track of which forums I've posted what to. We're in the middle of trying to get the first shipments sorted - I know that everybody thinks it's just a matter of getting a box and doing it, but trust me, there's a lot we still have going on.

<Snip>

I hope you can appreciate that.

Cheers Bryan!

I can certainly appreciate what you guys are up to; shipping thousands of orders across the US, and internationally is an exercise in paperwork (and double, triple checking).

Thanks for your prompt and succinct reply.

That may be the first time that a post that long was called succinct... Or that I was called succinct!

Sort of? Logistically it will mean that we'll reach a point where the last Non-US Backer is fulfilled and there's still domestic backers, but because there's less time on paperwork (customs declarations, etc) we'll probably get through slightly more US backers per day. So we may introduce skips - where we do two US days in a row to end all 3 nearer the same date, etc. There's also a chance that complexity is itself a limiter, and that we might finish all tier 3 complexity orders for the RoW and begin tier 4 orders for the US on the same day, to keep moving.

I'm reasonably sure the tier of complexity is the first criteria, so what might happen is that we might be able to fill all RoW tier X orders in 2 days, but US Tier X's in 3 or 4 days. Given the variances in shipping times, a day or two is hardly noticeable to most people.

Dear Bryan, when you said your are sorting out the shipment and ready for ship in a few days, do you only referred to the stuff in Vampire or all the big beasts from the add on too? If it does not include the latter does it mean if we elected single shipment our stuff will not be ship just yet?

Dear Bryan, when you said your are sorting out the shipment and ready for ship in a few days, do you only referred to the stuff in Vampire or all the big beasts from the add on too? If it does not include the latter does it mean if we elected single shipment our stuff will not be ship just yet?

Ooh, I got this one. At this point, you are going to get one box from Reaper. The more things that go in that box (that is, the more complex your order), the later in the process it will go out. So it is ready to be boxed up and shipped out, but simpler orders will be shipped first.

• Like 2

Ooh, I got this one. At this point, you are going to get one box from Reaper. The more things that go in that box (that is, the more complex your order), the later in the process it will go out. So it is ready to be boxed up and shipped out, but simpler orders will be shipped first.

I confess that I have not been following what have been completed closely, I am just hoping that they already got the big beasts done as well and will be shipping soon.

Sort of? Logistically it will mean that we'll reach a point where the last Non-US Backer is fulfilled and there's still domestic backers, but because there's less time on paperwork (customs declarations, etc) we'll probably get through slightly more US backers per day. So we may introduce skips - where we do two US days in a row to end all 3 nearer the same date, etc. There's also a chance that complexity is itself a limiter, and that we might finish all tier 3 complexity orders for the RoW and begin tier 4 orders for the US on the same day, to keep moving.

I'm reasonably sure the tier of complexity is the first criteria, so what might happen is that we might be able to fill all RoW tier X orders in 2 days, but US Tier X's in 3 or 4 days. Given the variances in shipping times, a day or two is hardly noticeable to most people.

The more I hear about the logistics of this project, the more impressed I am that you're pulling it off - and taking the time to answer questions about it.

Speaking of questions, if you don't mind, I'd be interested to know how the tiers of complexity are organised.

• Like 2