March Kickstarter Update?

unidentifiable

Dear Bryan, when you said your are sorting out the shipment and ready for ship in a few days, do you only referred to the stuff in Vampire or all the big beasts from the add on too? If it does not include the latter does it mean if we elected single shipment our stuff will not be ship just yet?

Ooh, I got this one. At this point, you are going to get one box from Reaper. The more things that go in that box (that is, the more complex your order), the later in the process it will go out. So it is ready to be boxed up and shipped out, but simpler orders will be shipped first.

I confess that I have not been following what have been completed closely, I am just hoping that they already got the big beasts done as well and will be shipping soon.

Are you asking if all the big beasts have been cast? Again we may need Bryan for this answer but the basic understanding I have is that they would not begin shipping till everything had arrived from China. There will be no partial shipments made, you will receive a single package containing everything you ordered.

• Like 1

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Iqaluit (Frobisher Bay) count as the far north?

In any case, if RAFM were to provide a notice (I don't know if they're set up for this for KS fulfillment, but they usually do it for orders) then you should get it within about 5 business days unless you're in the far north and it has to come via sled or vintage WW2-era airplane.

Sort of? Logistically it will mean that we'll reach a point where the last Non-US Backer is fulfilled and there's still domestic backers, but because there's less time on paperwork (customs declarations, etc) we'll probably get through slightly more US backers per day. So we may introduce skips - where we do two US days in a row to end all 3 nearer the same date, etc. There's also a chance that complexity is itself a limiter, and that we might finish all tier 3 complexity orders for the RoW and begin tier 4 orders for the US on the same day, to keep moving.

I'm reasonably sure the tier of complexity is the first criteria, so what might happen is that we might be able to fill all RoW tier X orders in 2 days, but US Tier X's in 3 or 4 days. Given the variances in shipping times, a day or two is hardly noticeable to most people.

The more I hear about the logistics of this project, the more impressed I am that you're pulling it off - and taking the time to answer questions about it.

Speaking of questions, if you don't mind, I'd be interested to know how the tiers of complexity are organised.

I am curious about this myself. Mostly so I have an ETA on when my order should be in, prior to getting the email. I know my order is Vampire + one of each paint set + case + a few of the add-ons (clockwork and jabberwock being the two I am most excited about) + a couple of the ones that were in the Vampire for a friend.

Yeay! (I hope for their sake they get the shipping done as planned so they have a day or two to rest before Reaper con!)

Seriously?? They would have to have a MUCH bigger staff and a LOT more equipment working around the clock to get 18,000+ complex, individualized orders shipped before ReaperCon in 2 weeks. They aren't equipped for that- nor should they be.

They have stated that they will NOT be doing anything with the KS stuff from 2 days before-2 days after RC. So NO packing, processing or shipping will happen during that time.

The last of the orders will likely be heading out the door mid to late May.

As far as "get the shipping done as planned" goes... they are. They said in the KS that they had planned to START shipping in March- which is exactly what they have done. They didn't say they would be finished in March. If you assumed they would start shipping at the start of March, that's on you. Reaper NEVER said when in March, just in March. They have done that. From where I sit- from the outside looking in- they are doing exceptionally well with this process considering they NEVER expected 18,000+ people to back this. (they likely would have set their initial goal higher if they thought they would even get half of that). Taking into account everything they have had to do in the last few months just to be able to meet this goal- and that everything has gone relatively smoothly- and containers of minis didn't fall off the ships on their way over here- I think they should be commended and people should be thankful they got such an incredible deal and be happy to get their figs whenever they get them.

I think that I had read the rule-of-thumb guess was to say that each vampire box or add-on increased the complexity by one. (Each vampire is less complex, but this is a guesstimate number anyway.)

The part that follows is not meant to be a smart arsed reply, but to explore why "guess" is good enough. - As we will not be able to compare our complexity guess to all 18,000 backers, and complexity is only one of the variables*, there is no way that we can determine where in the order we fall.

*Other variables include time to fill out shipping forms for overseas orders, number of people available to pack on a given day (Sick time, on-going business) and how much coffee is available early on each day.