I have been a Doctor Who fan for a while, starting as a kid with Tom Baker on PBS, and I recently began watching more of the Classic Who than I had ever seen - until about two months ago, in fact, I had never seen a single Hartnell or Torughton era show. But now that I'm going back and watching everything - and I do mean everything - I thought I'd make myself useful and make sure the whole world knew my thoughts on each Serial I watched.

I've been going for 10 Episodes now, Beginning at Serial ONE (Back in the Hartnell Era), and I'm having a good time with it.

If you care to follow along, I hope to post a Serial a day for a while, and then slow to 2-3 Serials a week during busy times.

anyway, without further ado - My Blog - the Weak Unclear Force!

Bonus points* to people who tell me they appreciate the title.

*Points void where prohibited.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just thought I'd pop in and say that I'm leaving for my Honeymoon in Cardiff tomorrow. If you don't know, Cardiff is where Dr. Who is filmed and they're filming the 50th anniversary episode while I'l

Red Dwarf is awesome, and a part of me demands a crossover be made. A different part of me fears that such a crossover would cause more insanity then C'thulu showing up wading up the Thames

I find the Heresy minis Dr who to be better and he does free shipping from England all the time.   As for the Tardis, if you want a 32mm one, I got two of these from Demo's Laser Cut designs for a d

I had assumed it was a play on Weak Nuclear Force, but you know what they say about assumptions.

Oooh, a particle physics reference! Sometimes indistinguishable from Seuss references, what with all the quarks and leptons.

Ding! Ding!

Both of you are correct. For some reason, the typo version of that phrase amuses me.

I must confess to not having watched as much Classic Who as I really ought. This is quite an ambitious project you're starting, and I'll definitely follow along!

I'm also curious if you've watched any of New Who (Eccleston through Smith) and what you think of it?

• Like 1

I have! I adored Eccleston. I loved him so much, in fact, that I refused to accept Tennant for a year, and only after he got a second season did I go back and watch his first. I just didn't want the new doctoring to become an annual thing. Once I gave him a chance, I loved Tennant, too. I like Smith more than my youngest son does, but that's because Smith is so very Troughton.

Honestly - I'm one season behind on Smith. The current season, which I'm told is incredible, I have yet to sit down and watch.

But I cried when Sarah Jane came back for Tennant, and I cried when Rose left and I love Smith forever for A Good Man Goes to War.

In doing this blog, I've seen a lot of other Who blogs, and there's two kinds. NewWho, and ClassicWho and the two of them hate each other. I'm neither of those. I like BOTH

I intend to follow this through to current, I should be caught up in a little over a year, so I expect to be doing reviews of "year 51" stuff while it's still fresh from the airwaves.

The Weak Unclear force! Hah!

I have a brother in law who is a gravitational physicist. That's very funny.

I've been a fan of Doctor Who for the same length of time I've been roleplaying, so about thirty years, more or less. I knew about it earlier (English grandmother, Dalek oriented gifts), but didn't get into it until I was a teen. It was just beginning Peter Davison when I started. I had some early snobbery against Tom Baker because he was all my fellow Americans seemed to know or care about. But I got over it.

I love Old Who and I love New Who. There are some stories I don't much care for, I prefer some Doctors over others, and I have strong opinions for and against some companions. But basically I love it all.

This morning in the post I received my not-the-Doctors-nor-their-associates minis from Heresy Miniatures in the UK. Just in time for the new episodes. ::):

• Like 1

I want those Hasslefree minis, but shipping from them to the states is a bit of a bugbear.

What I need is a TARDIS so I can recover the lost episodes.

yes, that's right. If I had a TARDIS I'd use it to go recover the missing episodes of Doctor Who. Not to save lives or prevent wars or educate my kids. I'ds watch TV.

Great stuff. Cool thread. Can't wait until Saturday night for the new/current season. SWMBO will be out of town, so it will be me the Dr., Oswin (I think Jenna Louise Coleman is my new favorite companion :wub::wub: ), my workbench and a big bowl of popcorn! For the record, I have been watching Dr. Who since Jon Pertwee.

Edited by captenglish

I never did get into the classic Dr. Who. My brother loved it, but I found it a tad dull. Then came newWho, and a friend of my brothers and mine (also our regular DM) forced me to watch the first episode followed by The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances and I was hooked. Since then I have found myself forced to go back, and research (that's the right word for it, right?) the older stuff while trying to keep abreast of the current, and I think I need a TARDIS just in order to keep it all sorted out.

Pssh. All you silly Whovians. Everyone who's cool knows Red Dwarf is where it's at.

Ok, ok. So I like the Doctor(s). Not as much as my wife, though, she's still creeped out by Daleks (and their voices) and giggles hysterically anytime a Dr. Who episode or trailer comes on.

-Dave

• Like 3