Great Canadian Mass Shipment Bones Race

jaryth000

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vampire level was always marked with an expected March 2013 date.

I think you're talking about the December to May post, in which case that post was referencing Canadian red tape issues taking six months.

I think you're talking about the December to May post, in which case that post was referencing Canadian red tape issues taking six months.

worst of it is that it seems to apply to every part of the bureaucracy.

Even applying for a Government job it's 6 months before they call you for an interview.

Even applying for a Government job it's 6 months before they call you for an interview.

That's not just Canada. I've had the same experience with the US government and several state governments.

Don't worry, though; they're there to help you.

Just ask them.

• Like 1

I would like to thank reaper for the email today with a status update.

I'm pretty sure we all already knew what was going on with the Canadian stuff but it does feel better to get an official update on the matter.

It sucks having to wait, but really, we can't complain. If I were given the option of paying for shipping and duties, I'd say "nah, I'll just wait longer and not pay any extra".

It is hard to see a cake in front of us and not have a piece, but most painters here already have a pile of unpainted stuff, so I'm in no rush.

Let's show our patience to Reaper (and Bryan) by all posting:

I can wait, I still have 16 unpainted minis. (substitute the number for your own, of course)

• Like 1

I can wait, I still have 16 unpainted minis. (substitute the number for your own, of course)

I can't substitute a "number" for the quantity of mini's I have waiting to be painted... Except perhaps as an abstract concept on some quantum level of an as yet undiscovered pseudo-mathematical/pseudo spiritual construct.

(I don't want to count them. I don't want to know)

• Like 2

I'm excited for the parcel, but I can wait.

I really don't understand the mentality about the delivery date via kickstarter, it's not a guarantee, it's an estimate. I'm just happy that the project finished and will complete AND I'm not paying int'l shipping like in other projects. Having run my own KS, I guess I'll have to be ready for the expectations.

Thanks Reaper, I for one appreciate your efforts.

I can wait, I still have approximately* Aleph-Null miniatures left to paint.

* "Approximately Aleph-Null" is in the category, "Things that pass for humor to a mathematician".

• Like 1

That's not just Canada. I've had the same experience with the US government and several state governments.

Don't worry, though; they're there to help you empty your wallet.

Just ask them.

Fixed that for you.

• Like 1

Don't worry, though; they're there to help you empty your wallet.

Just ask them.

Fixed that for you.

It was too heavy and was likely to cause spinal problems in the long term anyway.

I can wait, I still have approximately* Aleph-Null miniatures left to paint.

* "Approximately Aleph-Null" is in the category, "Things that pass for humor to a mathematician".

The sad, sad thing is I got it. And laughed.

• Like 2

I can't substitute a "number" for the quantity of mini's I have waiting to be painted... Except perhaps as an abstract concept on some quantum level of an as yet undiscovered pseudo-mathematical/pseudo spiritual construct.

(I don't want to count them. I don't want to know)

Perhaps if you weighed them and told us in pounds it would be easier? :)