Great Canadian Mass Shipment Bones Race

jaryth000

Vampire level was always marked with an expected March 2013 date.

I think you're talking about the December to May post, in which case that post was referencing Canadian red tape issues taking six months.

worst of it is that it seems to apply to every part of the bureaucracy.

Even applying for a Government job it's 6 months before they call you for an interview.

That's not just Canada. I've had the same experience with the US government and several state governments.

Don't worry, though; they're there to help you.

Just ask them.

lol

their response to that tends to be to direct you to the web site and tell you to register with their on-line system.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's show our patience to Reaper (and Bryan) by all posting:

I can wait, I still have 16 unpainted minis. (substitute the number for your own, of course)

I can wait, I still have approximately* Aleph-Null miniatures left to paint.

* "Approximately Aleph-Null" is in the category, "Things that pass for humor to a mathematician".

The sad, sad thing is I got it. And laughed.

Bazinga.

^_^

• Like 1

It sucks having to wait, but really, we can't complain. If I were given the option of paying for shipping and duties, I'd say "nah, I'll just wait longer and not pay any extra".

It is hard to see a cake in front of us and not have a piece, but most painters here already have a pile of unpainted stuff, so I'm in no rush.

I can wait, I still have 16 unpainted minis. (substitute the number for your own, of course)

I can wait, I still have approximately 2094* unpainted minis.

* Still have to enter my latest Reaper order into my spreadsheet....

* "Approximately Aleph-Null" is in the category, "Things that pass for humor to a mathematician".

Bazinga.

^_^

I didn't get it, but I also laughed because I wanted to be a part of things.

• Like 3

Bazinga.

^_^

I didn't get it, but I also laughed because I wanted to be a part of things.

Another win for me.

(I take them where I can get them.)

:;):

• Like 2

Aleph-Null is the lowest order of infinity. The set of all integers has cardinality (approximately "size") of Aleph-0, as does the set of all rational numbers. The set of all real numbers has a cardinality of Aleph-One. (Aleph-1 is bigger than Aleph-0.)

The reason what I said was a joke (or more likely a "joke") is that transfinites (to my knowledge anyway, a high-level mathematician might be able to show otherwise) cannot be approximated. A set is either countable or not.

Which is pretty much a Sheldon Cooper-type joke.

(You sort of asked.) ^_^

So...

with the last update on Kickstarter, it seems that shipping will resume in the next few weeks. Hopefully the legal red tape will be gone by then. But what I'm wondering at this point is whether Canadian orders will have some sort of priority over other regions (US, worldwide) since we have received a steaming pile of nothing at this point. Or do we still get 1 in 3 days? Just wondering, it's not really something that's bugging me, but I get curious at times.

I understand shipping the "Vampires Only" backers first, it would clear some storage space quicker than any other approach. Nothing wrong with that. But why is it that beyond that point, the priority goes to the ones who have invested less? They've stated that the easiest orders will ship out first. So that means the biggest investors to the project will be dead last! In my opinion Reaper Customer Service could not be better, but this is and odd approach, at best. Will they pack the "highly anticipated last box" and go "Wow! This guy spent a LOT of money!"

So...

with the last update on Kickstarter, it seems that shipping will resume in the next few weeks. Hopefully the legal red tape will be gone by then. But what I'm wondering at this point is whether Canadian orders will have some sort of priority over other regions (US, worldwide) since we have received a steaming pile of nothing at this point. Or do we still get 1 in 3 days? Just wondering, it's not really something that's bugging me, but I get curious at times.

Even though they can't actually send them the Canadian orders have still been being packed and labelled and put on a pallet so as soon as the legal waffle is done there will be a mega-ship day with all Canadian orders so far going out of the door so you'll catch up with everybody else in one fell swoop

Even though they can't actually send them, the Canadian orders have still been packed and labelled and put on a pallet so as soon as the legal waffle is done, there will be a mega-ship day with all Canadian orders so far going out of the door, so you'll catch up with everybody else in one fell swoop.

Now that's what I like to hear! thanks

Which, sadly, means the winner of the great Canadian Bones race will be someone in a major urban center. Which is not me

*Looks around*

Wait, I'm in an urban centre. i would not call it a major one in world standard, but it is for shipping. Winnipeg for the win!

That being said, the note they made in the most recent KS Backup update about the shipments from China still coming in makes me think I would not have gotten my order yet, even if they where shipping to Canada already. I still have a long way to go, and this is Canada. Winter is coming.

I still have a long way to go, and this is Canada. Winter is coming.

Aah, don't be a wimp. It's not even summer yet. That's scheduled for July 12 from 2:19 - 2:37 pm this year, isn't it?

(My family is from north of Fargo along the Red. I know whereof I speak.)