Great Canadian Mass Shipment Bones Race

jaryth000

So ... uh ... Vampire+a smattering of dragons and orcs. Anywho.

If they're getting the last shipments from china, they'll basically just send a truckful of completed orders to Canada once the government gets the paperwork done. Right? All the completed orders? And then we'll all get our stuff within DAYS of the update where they say "paperwork's done, truck's on the road." Right? Right?

• Like 1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They updated at the end of march about the wait for Canadians but it has been 2 months since much news on that front , are we seriously still waiting on customs to Canada?

(Not that i would get any of mine I ordered a bunch of dragons)

Has anyone considered the possibility of Reaper being denied Importer status? I don't know how that system works, but retailers aren't usually self-brokered, right? Is it possible to be denied? Might the approval process be the big hold-up?

When a package crosses the border, we the consumer may or may not (randomly chosen) have to pay duty. With Reaper being a broker, won't ALL packages be subject to duty? The cost of which will be paid by the broker (Reaper). So, if Reaper has to pay duty on ALL canadian orders, can they still offer free shipping (on orders $25+)?

Again, I don't know how this stuff works, so unless you know better, don't even read this post twice.

in fact, nobody read this post. ever. stop reading. now.

Too late DLMyst, I read it!

Reaper promised us Free Shipping, thats why they're going out of their way to become a broker and pay for the fees, so they can uphold that promise they made, because they love us and they are good to us.

There is a chance, a damn good chance, that they will be charged up the elf for these shipments, BUT over all the cost to them per order will be much less than the cost would be to use individually. Lets say on a $300 order there is $30 of brokerage for us, if they successfully negotiate with the Canadian Government Customs and UPS, they may be able to get that number down to say, $10 per order. That still means they are taking a massive hit, but it may result in MANY happy customers.

In the end I'm sure it will work out, these things take time.

In the end I'm sure it will work out, these things take time.

Dammit! Time?!? I don't have time!

The battle between my decades old collection of metal mini's, boosted by recent additions from Reaper, Bombshell, and Stonehaven, and the grey side of hard plastic from GW and Mantic, rages ever on.

Soon Restic will enter the fray, supported by the likes of Kings of War and Deadzone. Uncertainty abounds and the scales of war hang in the balance.

Bones was my last... greatest... hope for survival.

What Bones lack in numbers and weight, they make up for in size and volume. And economical sense.

Without them, I'll be forced to face my mini collection myself... alone... Alone against sooo many...

So ... uh ... Vampire+a smattering of dragons and orcs. Anywho.

If they're getting the last shipments from china, they'll basically just send a truckful of completed orders to Canada once the government gets the paperwork done. Right? All the completed orders? And then we'll all get our stuff within DAYS of the update where they say "paperwork's done, truck's on the road." Right? Right?

I don't know about all of the orders, but I suspect it's likely we'd get caught up with the current level of shipments sent to everybody else, and then the rest of us would get sorted along with everyone else. If the paperwork is done in time. The last update seemed hopeful about that, so we'll see.

During the first wave of shipments it wasn't specifically spelled out, but I got the impression the Canadian orders at that level were sorted at the same time - just not shipped. But I don't know for sure.

Yup, I got the impression that they were sorted at the same time too. So if July rolls around (It probably will) and then the last shipment gets sorted, and then brokers happens .... anyway, in my mind, that's probably what's going to happen. Sure, I trust my government to get something done, just not at any appreciable speed unless someone's about to die. Basically Canadian healthcare in a nutshell. :upside:

Some news via FB.

First, our Canadian customers.

During the run of our Kickstarter campaign, we promised that we'd get you your stuff without you being nailed with a bunch of customs fees. To that end, we've had to apply for non-resident importer status to Canada. This way, we absorb the cost of the customs fees, and you get local delivery of your pledge packages. Unfortunately, we're caught in a bureaucratic morass of red tape. We were led to believe that we would be finished with this part of the process in December 2012, but we've been there for months now. Happily, we've received word from our customs broker that we're very close to having our application finalized, and as soon as we have the all clear, you'll start receiving your things. We're terribly sorry for the delay, but this was the only way to do it without saddling you with the import fees.

tl;dr: We're stuck in red tape, but the end is near, and we start duty-free shipments to Canada soon.

Reaper Miniatures Facebook
  • Like 1