Great Canadian Mass Shipment Bones Race

jaryth000

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't mind me asking, unidentifiable, how frequently do you make internet orders? I'm asking not because I think you're dumb or something, but because you're not the only person to have made the same mistake and I'm genuinely curious if the common factor might be a low percentage of online orders.

I get 10-15 things a week so when I get a notice (or three) from Reaper (or FedEx, UPS, USPS, DHL, etc.) I immediately know what it must be, but it might be because I do such frequent online ordering that a shipping message first tells me "oh, it must be x item from y" rather than thinking it might be my KS. But if somebody more infrequently ordered online then a shipping notice might seem a more unusual event and lead a person to think it might be something special from around the approximate timeframe of fulfillment.

Just trying to figure out why it's such a common error, if you're cool with answering to help fill in a blank.

It occurs to me I might actually run into the opposite problem, and not even realize when I get my KS shipping notice.

Also, I buy an awful lot through the mail and never really thought about how much comes in until I had to give it a quantifiable number.

This may also explain why I never seem to be able to get fully rid of boxes.

• Like 2

If you don't mind me asking, unidentifiable, how frequently do you make internet orders? I'm asking not because I think you're dumb or something, but because you're not the only person to have made the same mistake and I'm genuinely curious if the common factor might be a low percentage of online orders.

I get 10-15 things a week so when I get a notice (or three) from Reaper (or FedEx, UPS, USPS, DHL, etc.) I immediately know what it must be, but it might be because I do such frequent online ordering that a shipping message first tells me "oh, it must be x item from y" rather than thinking it might be my KS. But if somebody more infrequently ordered online then a shipping notice might seem a more unusual event and lead a person to think it might be something special from around the approximate timeframe of fulfillment.

Just trying to figure out why it's such a common error, if you're cool with answering to help fill in a blank.

This is what happened to me, and is why when I got an email awhile back saying that my order from Reaper had shipped, the first thought on my mind was "Oh my gosh, my pledge just shipped!!11!" leading me to jump the gun and tell everyone that shipping had resumed (I'm still embarrassed about that). I'd forgotten that I'd ordered a couple of paints from Reaper a few days prior, so my brain sort of short-circuited when I saw that email. :)

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

EDIT: Cool, apparently I'm a rouser of rabbles now.

Edited by OneBoot

I got excited about seeing my Shipping Confirmation email, and decided to peruse the Reaper Store. On Saturday, I placed an order for a pair of LTPKs (Bones will be my intro to the hobby, and I keep seeing the forums sing the praises of the LTPKs). I put a note in the order that if it wasn't a big hassle to put my LTPKs into the Bones box since they were shipping those anyways, figured I'd save them from boxing everything separately. Anyways, Monday morning first thing I got two quick emails, and saw "Your shipment has been processed!" And I got all excited figuring that they'd packed them together like I'd asked.

Then I went back and read the original order confirmation and it looks like it's just the LTPKs. So...yeah...not dumb, just excitable.

I rarely order anything online. US->Canada shipping is usually prohibitively expensive, and Amazon Canada is useless in comparison to the US site (although it's great for Pathfinder books). I also hate paying restocking fees on products that I may need to return. I usually can correlate which order is which because I'll get exactly 1 confirmation, followed by 1 tracking number. The Bones have been coming "Soon" for so long that I figured that the first shipping order that I get following the Address Confirmation *must* be Bones...and therein lies my folly.

• Like 2

You had to enter your email address into a tool on the site to get your ks badge,

I'm not sure it's till around but I'll have a look for it

Found it

https://www.reapermini.com/ks/badginator

(enter your forum id and email address)

Edited by Orlando_the_Technicoloured

From the Reaper Facebook page:

"For those folks who care, all Canadian Kickstarter Backers' orders should go out the same day and that should happen in the early part of next week. UPS wants to be here while we do it, just to make sure everything goes as it should--which we are very thankful for!"

• Like 1

From the Reaper Facebook page:

"For those folks who care, all Canadian Kickstarter Backers' orders should go out the same day and that should happen in the early part of next week. UPS wants to be here while we do it, just to make sure everything goes as it should--which we are very thankful for!"

Heh, I totally called it.

So ... uh ... Vampire+a smattering of dragons and orcs. Anywho.

If they're getting the last shipments from china, they'll basically just send a truckful of completed orders to Canada once the government gets the paperwork done. Right? All the completed orders? And then we'll all get our stuff within DAYS of the update where they say "paperwork's done, truck's on the road." Right? Right?