Great Canadian Mass Shipment Bones Race

jaryth000

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Reaper main page now has a big counter of how many items in how many orders are left, how many orders have shipped, and the destination of the latest order.

All of the destinations this morning have been Canadian. ::D:

Helloooo, Winnipeg! (just what's up there this second)

Just saw Calgary fly by :D [but it wasn't my order :(]. I'm not sure how the "Orders Shipped Today" is calculated. They're blazing through orders, and I've seen dozens of destinations, but the shipping count doesn't increase. I'm guessing that they only increment that value when a box goes on a truck.

Yeah, the forums are r e a l l y s l o w at the moment.

I assumed it was people getting word that shipping has really started all checking things out at once.

• Like 1

It's probably due to the hordes of excited people doing the F5 dance, when the counter clearly says below it "Don't refresh! This updates every 10 seconds!" I can understand why peoples do it, though. I'm having to exert massive willpower not to do the same thing. ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

The Reaper main page now has a big counter of how many items in how many orders are left, how many orders have shipped, and the destination of the latest order.

All of the destinations this morning have been Canadian. ::D:

Helloooo, Winnipeg! (just what's up there this second)

Just saw Calgary fly by :D [but it wasn't my order :(]. I'm not sure how the "Orders Shipped Today" is calculated. They're blazing through orders, and I've seen dozens of destinations, but the shipping count doesn't increase. I'm guessing that they only increment that value when a box goes on a truck.

Are you okay?

Is everyone in Calgary okay?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/story/2013/06/20/calgary-city-emergency-plan-ch.html

Heading out to Calgary in a weeks time to spend a couple of weeks with my family. Things should be dried up by then. I know they're okay where they are. Right now though I hear parts of Hwy#1 are closed due to mudslides between Alberta and B.C.

In case anyone missed it:

OK, OK, I processed out a couple of local pickups at the end of the day that's why it says Denton.

And yes, we are currently working on domestic shipments with 5 line items. We had a snag with the Canadian shipments, that's why we switched back. UPS is working on helping us fix the problem (software related) and then we'll finish processing Canada. We are printing 1500 orders at a time, so when we finish this batch tomorrow, if the Canadian orders are unable to go back in the queue, there is some talk about doing a 1500 run of orders outside the USA and Canada next. Of course, that will take us back to orders with one item first. ;-) We'll see what happens. Yes a Vampire counts as 1 item. Orders with 5 items will be either 5 different items or any combination of multiple things that add up to 5 items. So, if all you got was 5 Vampires, then you will be in the 5 items group.

We were going to run two shifts but we found it was better to have everyone work one shift and double up the various stations. We will get just as much done in our normal workday and not have to run two shifts.