Great Canadian Mass Shipment Bones Race

jaryth000

I didn't mean to suggest that interprovincial trade wasn't federal jurisdiction, just that it was a separate thing from foreign import/export rules. Sorry if I was unclear.

No worries, I shouldn't have leaped to that conclusion, sorry.

Perhaps it is a GST / HST issue? Ontario, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia and PEI are all on the HST, but the West isn't. Different tax form then.

Edited by czak
  • Like 1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you have my sympathies.

Not my drywall thankfully. Buddy needs a new basement though. Friday was fun, we put everything from his basement onto his main floor in 3 hours. My arms died; tables are heavy.

Then his basement filled with 7 feet of water. Now we need to rip down everything.

3uzd9e.jpg

Alas, Bones would make a great distraction. I can't shift blame on this last one though. That's Reaper not thinking...or UPS not communicating. Either way, this isn't a "It's out of our control" delay, it's a genuine Nenshi Noun on someone's part.

Edited by unidentifiable
  • Like 2

Shakes his head.

I wish there was the option of allowing a GenCon pick up, for those of us that are going down. No duties and cheaper shipping for Reaper. The total of exemptions of us returning Canadians would allow it all to be duty free.

The only problem with this plan is that Reaper isn't going to Gencon.

Oh, I know.

But if I could arrange it, I would have asked that they ship it to the hotel that I will be staying at. The hotels are usually very agreeable to holding items for you, but get cranky if you are asking them to hold it for you for a month and a half.

One year, I had a full set of medieval armor (more than 60 lbs) shipped to the hotel from the armorer who made it. He was in the US, and it cut down on shipping enormously - and no hickups when importing it into Canada - we had enough exemptions in the car to cover it even if it would have been an issue - who knew that there isn't a tariff code for medieval armor.

Just posted on Kickstarter by Bryan:

Now, current data re: Canada and ROW.

Canada, we can process to your 3 Easternmost provinces, but not to the West. It's a thing. I'm not pleased but we need another form signed to ship to Calgary. I am not sure right now if we will return to Canadian shipments tomorrow as originally planned - with only 750 to go, I think we want to do them all and not do just Hal of those. Either way, when I'm done typing this, I'm breaking down pallets for reprocessing.

ROW: your stuff is going US Postal, and we are anticipating 2 days of fulfillment there. I'm waiting on a phone call from the Denton postmaster to arrange them to leave us a truck rather than our usual carrier.

I think that's everything. For those worried, we really are trying to solve this as fast as possible - and we do appreciate your patience. 1,100-1,300 people a day are getting their parcels, and we should finish the remaining 9,626 in just over 7 work days. That should be before we leave for July 4 Holiday, Again, assuming no further Kablooie.

:)

Now I'm in those easternmost provinces. I am, in fact, in the easternmost province of all. I'm as far east as North America goes.

It's Reaper's call, but I'm prepared to wait until we can all get our Canadian goodies and let them do US/RoW in the interim until the issue is resolved.

There is a good possibility that they don't really mean the three easternmost provinces, but that they are instead referring to the Maritimes when they say that. Most eastern distribution is based out of Moncton or Halifax, but NFLD can come through Quebec or the Maritimes. It seems very unlikely they would be cleared to ship to two Maritime provinces but not the third.

Moncton and Maritimes should not be underlined as spelling errors. It's bad enough the forum keeps telling me I am misspelling colour. ::P:

• Like 3

That's how I can tell I spelled colour right, the system underlines it for me :)

I wouldn't be surprised if they meant Manitoba, Ontario, and Quebec. We see to get kind of forgotten out here on the east coast as far as, well everything shipping related. I was checking one time on tiger direct's "free shipping" and they had the entire province of Nova Scotia designated a "remote location"...

"3 easternmost provinces"?

Newfoundland & Labrador, Nova Scotia and Quebec? (technically Quebec's easternmost tip is further east than both PEI and New Brunswick) :-)

I suppose they were thinking of New Brunswick not Quebec, having overlooked our smallest province of PEI.

I, however, am in the Vancouver metropolitan area, and gave a big order so further waiting is definitely in my future. Not too bad a thing really as my family is heading out on a week-long vacation this weekend so I wouldn't be able to receive the UPS the package next week anyway.

How far through the canadian orders did they get? Does anyone know? I'm only at 5 items (maybe 6, can't remember exactly) but I got no indication that my order had even been packaged up. I even saw my city go past on the countdown ticker. Should I be worried, or should I just hold out a bit longer?

How far through the canadian orders did they get? Does anyone know? I'm only at 5 items (maybe 6, can't remember exactly) but I got no indication that my order had even been packaged up. I even saw my city go past on the countdown ticker. Should I be worried, or should I just hold out a bit longer?

Last we heard they had to redo the Canadian orders. Read through this thread for context but here's the last update we had that I'm aware of (be aware - I haven't trawled through the Kickstarter comments this morning so I may be out of date

Now, current data re: Canada and ROW.

Canada, we can process to your 3 Easternmost provinces, but not to the West. It's a thing. I'm not pleased but we need another form signed to ship to Calgary. I am not sure right now if we will return to Canadian shipments tomorrow as originally planned - with only 750 to go, I think we want to do them all and not do just Hal of those. Either way, when I'm done typing this, I'm breaking down pallets for reprocessing.

ROW: your stuff is going US Postal, and we are anticipating 2 days of fulfillment there. I'm waiting on a phone call from the Denton postmaster to arrange them to leave us a truck rather than our usual carrier.

I think that's everything. For those worried, we really are trying to solve this as fast as possible - and we do appreciate your patience. 1,100-1,300 people a day are getting their parcels, and we should finish the remaining 9,626 in just over 7 work days. That should be before we leave for July 4 Holiday, Again, assuming no further Kablooie.