Great Canadian Mass Shipment Bones Race

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checked my tracking number - it morphed from being in the US to being out on delivery today.

I have to get on a plane in 90 minutes. Gaaaaaah! Drive faster UPS!

As mine had mirrored yours,I checked, only to find the status as Delivered.Lo and behold, it had been.

• Like 2

... At this rate I just hope the bones arrive sometime before christmas, of next year.

lol Soon™

best,

Ed, what are you doing here? It's Independance Day and you're posting in a thread about Canada. I think you're breaking several unwritten rules. :D

Anyways, I am assuming that Canuck shipping will resume once the rest of the orders are shipped. The ticker stands at 5300, which is about 5.5 days of shipping remaining. Once those are done, I presume our orders will be shipped out proper...then add 2 weeks for shipping, so should be around end of July/beginning of August timeline. I'm quite certain that we've frightened Reaper away from giving deadline estimates in writing.

As Bryan commented on on KS, yesterday:

If we finish US with no word on ROW from the postal service, we will at that point have room to prestage the orders. We will not return to normal production until all the orders are done as far as we can get them. I speak daily with our uPS rep and the postal service rep, and promise to update as soon as I have news that isn't "no news". Also remember tomorrow is a US holiday and We are taking the day off. We will return to work Friday as normal, and odds are good we will get a weekend crew together.

Funny, a couple of weeks ago I was worried about my order arriving when I was away on vacation out of town (just got back, it was pretty good).

Now I'm half expecting them to arrive in a couple of weeks when I'm at the track for 4 days marshaling Canadian superbikes...

Maybe UPS should give fedex or someone a call and figure out how to do this.... <_<

• Like 3

I'm going to assume somebody, somewhere, thought doing what they did was the right doing to do.

That, and totally not think about how I could have had my Bones today or tomorrow.

Just going to put that right out of my mind and go to my happy place. Yeah, there we go. Under the sea. In the Cthulhupusses garden in the shade. Yeah.

• Reaper User

I'm quite certain that we've frightened Reaper away from giving deadline estimates in writing.

Man we can't get them so there is no way to pass it on, much less in writing. After this is over we will do a vid or update and discuss this adventure further. All I can say is if you think this industry is bad about deadlines. We were told in September of last year the pathway would be open into Canada by November and we could move through shipments at our leisure. I apparently forgot to ask which year that November would be in :)

No plan survives first contact with a government official...

best

• Like 12

Just checked my tracking number - it morphed from being in the US to being out on delivery today.

I have to get on a plane in 90 minutes. Gaaaaaah! Drive faster UPS!

As mine had mirrored yours,I checked, only to find the status as Delivered.Lo and behold, it had been.

Haha, this story is great.

Just in the nick of time, the box showed up. I forgot my book however, and am now trapped in an airport that thinks 50 Shades of Grey is a good read.

Oh, and the box was only held together by the black shipping straps. Some industrious soul at CBSA had opened her up or something.

Edited by czak

Man we can't get them so there is no way to pass it on, much less in writing.

Ed -- even if you don't have deadlines, a 'real' update over on Kickstarter is probably needed soon. With US orders running out by Tuesday or so, it seems right to explain that you won't be shutting down shipping, but will continue packing Canadian and international boxes and (at least) put them in a corner until UPS and USPS deign to show up.

Oh, and the box was only held together by the black shipping straps. Some industrious soul at CBSA had opened her up or something.

As far as I know, they're all like that. Mine was that way, and a few other people reported the same thing. I imagine it's probably faster than taping each and every box, but I have no way of knowing. Anyways, congrats on the timely arrival of your escaped Bones!

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D