Sign in to follow this  
jaryth000

Great Canadian Mass Shipment Bones Race

Customs nabbed the molds and sent 'em back.

Somewhere in Regina there's an entire customs warehouse filled with Vampire boxes built into a little fort by the border guard.

• Like 1

I do hope something happens soon. At this rate my mailing address will change before they arrive. Though, if they're sending it through the regular postal service then that shouldn't be an issue right? They'll just hold it for me at the post office.

I got my paints and vampire boxes and they are fantastic!

I do have to admit that I cheated in this race as I was able to go down to ReaperCon this year.

The best part is that not only did I get my two vampire boxes but I was able to win a third in the auction using Reaperbucks. For those of you who haven't made it to ReaperCon yet, Reaperbucks are tokens you get for free when you play games or take classes. At the end of convention on Sunday, you use these tokens to bid on various items - no real money allowed. This year they had 10 Vampire boxes, a bunch of other bones and a Kally painted by Martin! There were also great miniatures from Bombshell Babes and buildings from Miniature Building Authority.

Reaper definitely knows how to throw a party!

• Like 1

*sharpening goblin sword*

While I'm happy you got your stuff at Reapercon, you'll want to be careful teasing your countrymen. We're beginning to get a little feral.

• Like 1

Some race. The contestants haven't even left the starting point, they haven't even started their engines. Basically, they are still in the garage, whilst race officials haggle over routes. Meanwhile, the rest of the world already has racers crossing the finish line.

Maybe MiniCannuck can send one mini to every Canadian in the forum. It's only fair. He did say boxes after all.

• Like 1

Well, sounds like a good time. Free box of minis like that is pretty wild. :)

Can someone poke Brian and see whether UPS or pallet shipping was the final decision? This has been a long wait just to hear any final news. :*(

As mentioned above, I did poke Bryan, but he has taken some much needed and much earned time off after ReaperCon. He has stated he will ask around and see what the current status is.

As always I will update everyone as soon as I receive new information.

Also, congrats MiniCannuck! Not only did you get your stuff, but winning an extra Vamp as well? Thats awesome! Unfortunately for cheating I'm going to have to disqualify you from the race, and ask you kindly to leave Canada ;).

As mentioned above, I did poke Bryan, but he has taken some much needed and much earned time off after ReaperCon. He has stated he will ask around and see what the current status is.

As always I will update everyone as soon as I receive new information.

Also, congrats MiniCannuck! Not only did you get your stuff, but winning an extra Vamp as well? Thats awesome! Unfortunately for cheating I'm going to have to disqualify you from the race, and ask you kindly to leave Canada ;).

Thanks Jary, hopefully we hear something back soon.

I haven't seen anything official as to how shipping to Canada.

I've heard rummour that reaper is trying to becmoe thier own broker for shipping, but I haven't heard anything about when we should expect shipping to start or if there is a date that Reaper will ship to Canada even if they do not recieve their broker status.

I'm really looking forward to getting all my stuff, I know I'll be close to the end as I go a lot but I just want to know if this is days/weeks/months away from shipping.

Thanks

Soon.

Last word was that getting Bones across the Maple Curtain was Bryan's top priority. I think sled dogs were involved.

You know what they say

"Getting the Canadian government to do anything requiers 6 months plus paperwork"

honestly seems true a lot of the time

• Like 1

I don't expect it will be months. We're still being sorted, it's just the palette hasn't moved.

And while it might seem to be nice to have an update, Reaper will tell us as soon as they know something different. So no word = no change. Still waiting to hear back.

There. Freshly updated with the latest news. Just pretend Bryan wrote it.